MBA intern - IT, Commercial Project Management at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date. Indigo is also the company behind The Terraton Initiative, a global effort to drawdown one trillion tons of atmospheric carbon dioxide by unlocking the potential of agricultural soils. In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
This is an exciting opportunity for an MBA Intern with an interest in project management, technology, and/or agriculture to contribute to a growing, innovative company. As part of the project management team, you Project Manage efforts to build the products, services and cross-functional capabilities needed to realize Indigo’s Commercial objectives. Responsibilities include taking ownership of individual workstreams in large-scale projects, working across Commercial, Supply Chain, Finance, Data Sciences and Technology, developing executive-level presentations and keeping teams moving forward at pace and on target. You will be required to work cross functionally to collect inputs for day to day tasks.
- Independently initiate and complete 1-3 smaller projects within Commercial Ops, Supply Chain and Finance
- Independently lead 2-3 major workstreams in larger projects spanning Indigo, and seamlessly integrate assigned projects into overall business and technology roadmaps as appropriate
- Contribute to the standardization of planning processes, diagnostic tools and communication pathways used with Executive and Operational stakeholders
- Establish rapport with key stakeholders across relevant functions
- A passion for project management and improving organizational capabilities
- Software savvy and excited to find ways to leverage software tech, wherever possible
- High energy and commitment to a fast, paced dynamic environment
- Excellent listening and communication skills to all levels and backgrounds at appropriate detail
- Action plan oriented self-starter
- Team player with ability to work cross functionally and simplify complex information from various level and departments
- High tolerance to and ability to execute under ambiguous situations
- Passion for Indigo and our core values
- 1st year MBA with strong interest in project management, new product/service introductions, information technology, and/or agriculture
- Technical experience in sales, marketing, supply chain and finance is a plus
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
*we ask that MBA candidates limit themselves to 2-3 applications (maximum) across our open opportunities*
Our application deadline for MBA internships is December 4, 2019 (EOD).