MBA intern - Carbon / Terraton at Indigo
What if nature could be harnessed to help farmers sustainably feed the planet? Since 2014, Indigo has questioned agriculture's full value chain to improve grower profitability, environmental sustainability, and consumer health. The company’s scientific discoveries and digital innovations have amplified new value from soil to sale, benefiting more than 10,000 growers to date.
In 2019, Indigo was ranked #1 on CNBC’s Disruptor 50 list. Headquartered in Boston, MA, Indigo has additional offices in Memphis, TN; Research Triangle Park, NC; Sydney, Australia; Buenos Aires, Argentina; Basel, Switzerland; and São Paulo, Brazil.
The Indigo Carbon team applies Indigo’s innovations to one of most important challenges of our time: climate change. By spreading the latest regenerative agricultural techniques to our farmers, we are removing carbon dioxide from the atmosphere and sequestering it in the soil. This approach is the most scalable, immediate, and affordable solution to climate change – and through our Terraton Initiative, we are using it to remove up to 1 trillion tons of CO2 from the atmosphere.
The Market Development team is the economic engine of Indigo Carbon. Its goal is to channel demand from businesses and consumers into maximum resources deployed to carbon sequestration.
- Contribute to and help to lead engagement of businesses interested in partnering with Indigo Carbon.
- Own and design new features of our carbon credit product with key milestones and owners; manage meetings cross functionally holding others accountable.
- Help partners onboard effectively by optimizing their carbon footprint measurement, branding plans, and product launches.
- Excellent analytical capabilities and strong modeling skills/experience
- Strong communication and verbal presentation skills
- Strong story-building and visual presentation skills
- Able to draft meeting-ready versions of presentations to support strategic initiatives
- Self-starter and ability to work with little guidance, takes ownership of work
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt to requirements to complete projects
- Strong interest in Indigo Carbon’s mission and helping company to execute to achieve goals
- Strong desire to learn and develop skill sets
- Able to manage ambiguity and work on multiple workstreams simultaneously
- Highly organized and able to multitask
- 1st year MBA candidate
- Consulting, private equity, tech, banking, and/or strategy/business development experience preferred
- Agriculture experience not necessary
- Ability to work cross functionally in a positive and team-oriented way whether as a project lead or as a contributor
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.
*we ask that MBA candidates limit themselves to 2-3 applications (maximum) across our open opportunities*
Our application deadline for MBA internships is December 4, 2019 (EOD).