Marketing Intern at MineralTree
Voted as one of the top companies to work for by Built in Boston in 2020, MineralTree is disrupting the accounting industry by enabling over 1,500 companies to improve operational efficiency with AP Automation. With our award-winning solution, companies such as the Boston Celtics, Appalachian Mountain Club, EverQuote, Baltimore Ravens and Attivio have shifted accounts payable from a source of inefficiency and fraud risk to a secure and strategic profit center that provides deep visibility into the cost drivers of the business. MineralTree sells its solution directly to customers and through value-added partners consisting of financial institutions, payment processors, and credit card providers.
We are a close-knit organization where everyone is working toward a common goal and where all contributions matter. With passion, teamwork and a good dose of humor, we drive toward challenging goals. We pride ourselves on our collaborative nature and always put the team above the individual. We’re looking for high-energy individuals who are ready to learn and take ownership of their career growth. This is an opportunity to join an early-stage company led by an experienced management team with a track record of building successful companies. Located right down the street from the Alewife MBTA station in Cambridge, the office is easily accessible from both Route 2 and the MBTA Red Line.
Our new Marketing Intern will report to our Sr. Director of Content, Product, and Partner Marketing, but will support our entire Marketing team. This is an excellent opportunity to get hands-on experience in a Business to Business (B2B) Marketing department at a high growth company. You will learn the ins and outs of working for a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company, and specifically how Marketing works to help scale a growing business.
- Work closely with your manager to prioritize projects which will support key integrated marketing initiatives
- Focus will include social media, content marketing, digital marketing, field marketing and marketing operations
- Current Sophomore or Junior at a local undergraduate program
- Ability to work 12-15 hours per week during the school year, and 30-40 hours over the summer
- Business, Marketing, or entrepreneurial studies major who is interested in B2B marketing
- Interest and/or no fear in learning about new marketing tools
- Interest in being part of a greater marketing team
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Creative thinker and problem solver who can articulate their ideas well
- Ability to work well with others and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Ability to keep a positive attitude when facing challenges and have a good sense of knowing when to ask for help
- Past experience or interest in acquiring basic graphic design and/or video editing skills (any level of familiarity with the Adobe Suite is a plus, but not necessary)
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Excel specifically is a plus)
- Social media experience (LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter)
- Familiarity with Wordpress is a plus, but not required
- Comfortable handling multiple tasks simultaneously