Marketing Editor Co-op at Indigo
Marketing Editor Co-op
Please Submit applications by 6am on Tuesday, October 15th, 2019.
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
We’re looking for a creative, proactive, effective communicator to develop and execute a multifaceted plan for how the Marketing team will share and promote its efforts internally at Indigo. These efforts could include but are not limited to ongoing communications (marketing e-newsletter, videos, “breaking news” announcements, etc.) marketing presentation materials, marketing sponsored and hosted company events, etc.
- Develop a strategy for how marketing can and should market itself and its efforts with internal company stakeholders
- Create a content calendar of marketing news to guide cadence of communications
- Oversee the development of compelling marketing communication content such as articles, presentations, videos, etc.
- Lead the creation and distribution of a regular marketing e-newsletter
- Advise on employee engagement strategies with marketing initiatives using Workplace, Slack and other internal channels.
- Develop approach and plan to engage employees and stakeholders via internal marketing events
- Develop measurement plan for initiatives to track company-wide engagement with marketing communications channels and content
- Understand and embody our purpose & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Proactive - constantly thinks two steps ahead and comes prepared to all meetings with relevant materials
- Organized - keeps track of communications, meetings, tasks, and deliverables using a structured approach
- Communication - excellent verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail and integrity - proof reads all communications and takes ownership when something goes wrong
- Solution Oriented - offers practical solutions to address business problems
- Positive Attitude - brings a glass half-full attitude to solving problems and is excited by helping others
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.