Why be a Toaster?
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us!
As Toast's Legal Intern, you'll be an important part of the Toast Legal team. You'll get to work with people across the company in a wide variety of matters including: contracts (such as vendor and confidentiality agreements), privacy, research on a range of topics, and general corporate work. Our goal will be to provide you with real-world, in-house experience in the legal department of a rapidly growing company.
You will be based out of our corporate headquarters in the Fenway neighborhood of Boston, MA. The program will run from May through July.
- Currently completing 1st or 2nd year of a JD degree at an ABA accredited university
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven ability to consistently bring enthusiasm
- Ability to work cross-functionally and collaboratively with a diverse workforce
- Self-motivated, hard-working, and interested in making a difference
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Prior experience in software-related industry is a plus (but not required)
- Prior experience reviewing contracts and/or drafting documents is preferred (but not required)
- Willingness to test the status quo
- No ego
Interested candidates should submit a writing sample and current law school transcript.