Learning and Development Communications Coordinator Co-op at Indigo
Communications Coordinator Co-op
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
The Learning and Development Communications Coordinator Co-op will be a part of Indigo’s Learning and Development team (also known as “L&D”) and will be motivated by the following questions:
How does communication drive successful change across the organization (e.g., introducing a new technology or learning program)?
How can I proactively anticipate needs of others and provide solutions to address their needs and challenges?
How can I communicate upcoming changes and updates to ensure everyone is awareness of the impact to them or their teams?
What can I do to help the team manage all learning and development communications more effectively?
- Using PowerPoint, Excel, Asana, and other organization tools, you will support key org-wide communications such as quarterly goals, mid-year performance reviews, and pilot groups for Workday implementation or other learning experiments conducted by the L&D team
- Provide change management support using Asana, Slack, Microsoft Project, and/or other tools for changes to daily processes such as performance reviews, Workday, and learning systems
- Manage Performance Resources Corner on Indigo’s internal webpage by using Publisher, Photoshop, Canvas, and PowerPoint to produce and enhance visual materials
- Conduct research on human capital trends and share findings with the L&D team during recurring meetings
- Create invites and marketing materials to attract employees for career development workshops (e.g., how to grow your career at Indigo)
- Develop a communications plan for recurring messages which includes channels for communication (e.g., Slack, Facebook), audiences, frequency, and other criteria
- Crowdsource best practices from teams related to performance and engagement (e.g., what do teams do to create an engaging environment for their teams)
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Proactive - constantly thinks two steps ahead and comes prepared to all meetings with relevant materials
- Organized - keeps track of communications, meetings, tasks, and deliverables using a structured approach
- Communication - excellent verbal and written communication
- Attention to detail and integrity - proof reads all communications and takes ownership when something goes wrong
- Solution Oriented - offers practical solutions to address business problems
- Positive Attitude - brings a glass half-full attitude to solving problems and is excited by helping others