Junior Product Data Analyst
Greater Boston Area
Come help us create a next generation customer engagement and loyalty platform used by the world’s most innovative brands. SessionM is seeking a Product Data Analyst with 0-2 years of experience who wants to grow within the product team, driving new features for SessionM’s data and analytics tools.
Initially, this role will focus on the building and launching of SessionM’s reporting product, Insights, with room to grow into a more traditional product manager role. We are seeking candidates that have a desire to gain technical knowledge of the platform’s database and transform that into compelling reports and visualizations of performance trends.
The nature of SessionM’s business gives us access to very valuable and interesting data sets. This job will challenge the individual to create insightful and actionable visualizations using transactional, offer, user declared, observed, and calculated metrics.
- Work heavily in SQL and AWS Quicksight / Athena to help produce the standard platform reports SessionM produces for each of its clients.
- Develop new reporting and analytics visualizations for clients and work with Product, Analytics, and other stakeholder teams to build into platform
- Develop and deploy industry specific “Report Packs” with insightful analysis and actionable intelligence exposed in a simple dashboard
- Develop and deploy a flexible data “view” strategy allowing for simplified end user configurable reporting to be constructed atop our complex data schema.
- Help to determine the short and long term reporting roadmaps. Work closely with product team members and engineering to pitch features that belong on the roadmap
- Define and track key product metrics; use metric targets to inform product evolution
- Engage closely with the engineering team to help determine the best technical implementation methods, as well as a reasonable execution schedule
- 0-2 years experience in a role functional-oriented role, i.e. Data Analyst, Technical Consultant, Technical Project Manager (internship role is possible)
- Exceptional drive, intellectual curiosity and ownership
- Willingness to transition between technical and functional challenges
- Enjoys working collaboratively with a team while building working relationships with stakeholders
- SQL and BI Tool (Tableau, PowerBI, QuickSight.) experience is a plus
- A desire to grow in the product management space is a plus!
What can you expect from us?
- A unique, supportive, and flexible work environment
- Challenges related to working in a fast-paced, growing environment
- A management team that empowers people
- Competitive compensation based on experience level
Read Full Job Description