Intern – CloudHealth by VMware – Financial Analyst
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
Job Role and Responsibilities:
At Boston-based CloudHealth by VMware, you will collaborate with bright, passionate people while supporting the incredible growth of a business unit dedicated to the fastest growing area of technology. We’re adding new customers every day (and new employees every week) on our quest to solidify and expand our position as the premier Cloud Service Management leader under VMware. As one of the “Best Places to Work” in Boston, we value transparency, community, innovation and excellence – and we have an amazing group of people working out of our headquarters office in Boston, right near South Station.
We are searching for a talented, dynamic, and hands-on FP&A Intern to be part of the CloudHealth by VMware Finance Department. As an FP&A Intern, you'll develop an in-depth understanding of the monthly financial process, operating rhythm, and business drivers, working closely with others on the Finance and Accounting teams.
- Assist with monthly/quarterly financial reporting packages and forecasting activities
- Perform in-depth financial analysis to identify and communicate key drivers impacting monthly results
- Support the preparation of executive-level presentations to tell the story and report insightful business analytics
- Research, develop and prepare key operational and financial metric dashboards and competitive analysis
- Perform segmentation analysis of sales bookings & revenue, to uncover trends, patterns, and insights
- Partner with Finance and Accounting team members to further improve, automate, and enhance monthly/quarterly deliverables
- Aid in the creation of SOP documentation for FP&A reports and processes
- Currently pursuing a Bachelors degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business
- Detail-oriented with strong analytical and organizational skills
- Enthusiastic team-player with excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Highest standards of ethics and integrity
- Results-driven mindset with the ability to multitask and navigate through ambiguity
- Confidence, good judgement, energy and personality to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Strong Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience working in a high growth technology company is a plus
Please note that while anyone with a legal right to work in the United States may apply for this role, VMware is not presently sponsoring work visas for the entry-level roles for which these Internships may prepare you.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.