Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The ideal candidate should have the ability to meet tight deadlines, have strong interpersonal and communication skills, be detail-oriented, and have the ability to work independently. They must establish and maintain a professional working relationship with departmental managers, supervisors, operators, and cross-functional engineering teams.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Work with Engineering and Management to identify process improvements opportunities within our fulfillment centers
- Spearhead waste elimination initiatives
- Implement lean practices, where applicable
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Understanding of lean manufacturing principles
- Previous co-op experience in a manufacturing environment
- Currently pursuing a degree in STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Math)
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Ms. Project, Visio)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to work in groups and independently
- Ability to work 40-hours per week during the experience (January - May/June)
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
As part of our commitment to the health and safety of our employees and their families, all individuals entering our US workspaces are required to provide proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 unless they have an approved medical or religious accommodation.