Engineering Data Analyst Co-op at Indigo
Engineering Data Analyst Co-op
Please Submit applications by 6am on Tuesday, October 15th, 2019.
Indigo is a company dedicated to harnessing nature to help farmers sustainably feed the planet. With a vision of creating a world where farming is an economically desirable and accessible profession, Indigo works alongside its growers to apply natural approaches, conserve resources for future generations, and grow healthy food for all. Utilizing beneficial plant microbes to improve crop health and productivity, Indigo’s portfolio is focused on cotton, wheat, barley, corn, soybeans, and rice. The company, founded by Flagship Pioneering, is headquartered in Boston, MA, with additional offices in Memphis, TN, Research Triangle Park, NC, Sydney, Australia, Buenos Aires, Argentina, and São Paulo, Brazil. www.indigoag.com
Join a fast-paced data team that thrives on solving tough data challenges that take the business forward. Use existing engineering skills to implement frameworks to productionize and deliver analysis and modeling prototypes to Agronomists, and Indigo's primary customers, our growers. Learn about data analysis and practical industry data science from the team.
- Perform code reviews in SQL, Python, and R daily.
- Review codebase for efficiency, good coding practices, and readability.
- Document the code within all repositories owned by the team.
- Simplify existing SQL scripts.
- Implement unit tests for both existing and new SQL and Python scripts.
- Facilitate feedback meetings to brainstorm about more efficient coding practices and improve existing data processes.
- Build on initial prototypes from the team and embed them in python workflows to enable faster delivery to customers.
- Design stress tests for existing/new modules.
- Develop Python and SQL scripts that implement new data and analysis prototypes.
- Implement tools in Python for novel data-products.
- Learn to manipulate GIS objects and workflows and incorporate them in prototypes.
- Understand and embody our purpose & core values
- Excited by Indigo’s mission; believes that Indigo can fundamentally change the agriculture industry; can clearly articulate passion for our mission and values
- Optimistic and innovative; solution-oriented; shows no signs of cynicism
- Will be widely viewed as someone who personifies our core values, is committed to them, and leans on them when making decisions. Specifically:
- Demonstrates a track record of high integrity - doing the right thing, owning mistakes, conducting oneself honestly
- Values, communicates and interacts with others with high levels of transparency and respect
- Collaborates well across functions; creates an inspiring and collegial work environment
- Strong programming skills.
- Experience with unit testing.
- Familiarity with version control and git.
- Strong communication skills and willingness to teach good coding practices.
- Background in programming for data-products and UI development.
- Knowledge of d3.js would be a bonus.
- Ability to work within short deadlines.
- Desire to learn more about data science and data process in the industry.
Indigo is committed to living our values, specifically “creating a work environment where everyone feels respected, connected, and has opportunities to learn and grow.” As part of living our values, we strive to create a diverse and inclusive work environment where everyone feels they can be themselves and has an equal opportunity of succeeding.