Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
At Toast, the Customer Marketing team is responsible for turning existing customers into brand advocates and leveraging their positive experiences to help Toast grow. This co-op will focus on managing our customer marketing efforts and building a world-class customer advocacy program. Key responsibilities and areas of focus could include:
- Drive customer engagement and advocacy, leading the strategy and ongoing management of our customer advocacy program
- Build weekly campaigns focused on engaging with our customer base and identifying strategic insights for the broader marketing organization
- Coordinate and execute our monthly newsletter
- Own the log-in page customer comms with prioritization & creation via Craft
- Own process for creating customer case studies; lead customer interview process and create long-form content for sales and marketing team to leverage
- Report on customer advocacy program success; tracking progress against key milestones and making optimizations to program based off derived insights
- Support driving new business from the existing customer base by generating customer referrals and communicating cross-sell opportunities
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and strong attention to detail. You should be curious, enthusiastic about learning, and comfortable asking questions.
- Comfort working cross-functionally with members inside and outside the organization across all levels.
- Ability to juggle multiple projects at once to deliver timely results
- Previous internship experience required; second or third co-ops preferred
How you’ll grow:
- Ongoing real-time feedback to help you excel
- Opportunities to work directly with our technology partners within and outside the Boston area to build your professional network.
- High-impact cross-functional projects that produce measurable results with visibility to Marketing and business development leadership
- Experience utilizing best-in-class marketing tools such as Salesforce, Looker, Marketo, Google Analytics to understand the effectiveness of your work and develop new strategies
*Bread puns encouraged but not required