Why be a Toaster?
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us!
Toast is looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic individual to work alongside our Compliance Manager to ensure Toast is operating in compliance with all applicable security and regulatory standards.
- Meet with various departments to gain an understanding of their work flows, aggregate informal policies and/or procedures, and map out controls.
- Leverage information collected to complete an organization-wide risk assessment
- Assist the Compliance Manager in risk rating, prioritizing and developing mitigations plans for the higher risk items.
- Gain an understanding of the basics of KYC, AML, and data privacy regulations and best practices
- Assist Compliance Manager in preparing for and executing audits
- Bachelors candidate in Business or related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work autonomously but feels comfortable asking questions
- Strong problem solving, analytical, and interpersonal skills
- Completed business risk course or related course
- Compliance or Audit experience
- Great opportunity to join the next big thing
- Open work environment, free snacks, quarterly hackathons, intern outings
- Awesome collaborative co-workers