Business Operations & Strategy Intern, US (Fall Internship)
About Salary Finance
Salary Finance is a fintech company underpinned by a social purpose. Our mission is to make the lives of millions of working people less stressful, more productive, and much happier. We partner with leading employers to offer financial wellness benefits that help employees improve their lives by improving their finances.
In 2018, we expanded operations to the US with support from our UK headquarters. Today, our US team is located in Boston’s Seaport District under the leadership of SoFi co-founder Dan Macklin as CEO of Salary Finance Inc.
We’re growing fast in the US market with our recent $32.8 million Series C funding, backed by existing investors Blenheim Chalcot and Legal & General. We were named BITC’s Responsible Business of the Year 2018, included in KPMG’s Global Fintech 100, listed top of the Forbes’ list of socially-responsible startups, recognized by Built in Boston and MassEcon for investing in innovative thinkers, and profiled by the Wall Street Journal, the Financial Times, and more.
We’re looking for a self-driven, ambitious intern to support our CEO across all aspects of the business during the fall season. This is a great opportunity to work for a fast-growing Series C fintech company, where you will be able to make insightful contributions that will help develop, expand, and maintain our business model. Be ready to roll up your sleeves and get your hands dirty as every day there will be a new challenge to solve. This is a hands-on role, where we expect you to voice your ideas and provide us with practical feedback.
- You are passionate about businesses that deliver social impact, and want to help build a business that delivers a meaningful difference to society.
- You are excited by the power of technology to change people’s lives.
- You are a fast learner who can develop expertise on market trends, competitor activity, and industry trends.
- You are a clear thinker and persuasive communicator, with excellent verbal and written skills.
- You are results-driven and data-driven.
- You have the ability to identify, analyze, segment, and target new business opportunities.
- You have the ability to work with employees at all levels of the organization in a collaborative, open office setting at the rapid pace of a high-growth, startup.
- You can be a hands-on, high-impact contributor who is eager to take on responsibility and grow.
Nice to have
- You are currently enrolled at an accredited university.
- You have what it takes to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment dealing with complex, rapidly-changing priorities.
- You are able to work 20-30 hours per week for a period of 8 to 10 weeks in Boston.
- You have an entrepreneurial mindset and a strong can-do attitude.
- You have a strategic mentality to make improvements to our internal processes and are able to build relationships with potential partners and/or clients.
- Work with the team on a range of projects to support our Leaders and our business.
- Assist in a variety of business areas including working to formulate overall business strategy, helping to develop the product roadmap and identifying viable Sales and Marketing channels.
- Analyze and evaluate potential product expansions.
- Assess non-traditional Sales and Marketing channels.
- Explore strategic partnerships to further the company’s growth.
- Identify priority clients based on a variety of criteria to be worked out and agreed upon.
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive salary
- Regular company socials
- Fast-growing environment
- Career development - no two days will be the same
We’re looking for people that want to make a difference. We have a great collaborative, entrepreneurial team that are passionate about what they do. If you want to join a team that is changing people’s lives for the better then we’d love to hear from you.
Learn more at salaryfinance.com.