Business Development (Publisher Relations) Co-op (Fall 2020) at BookBub
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use our products every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find stories and authors they’ll love. Check out BookBub and our audiobooks retailing platform, Chirp, and learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.The Business Development (Publisher Relations) Co-op role
You'll work with us full-time at our office in Kendall Square for about six months, July–December 2020.
You’ll provide key support to the publisher relations and account management team, helping our account managers drive business and coordinate advertising campaigns for our big publisher partners (e.g. Penguin Random House, HarperCollins, and other major publishing houses!).During your co-op, you will:
- Assist BookBub’s account managers in submitting, scheduling, and coordinating our publisher partners’ advertisements with BookBub
- Collaborate with BookBub’s editorial, production, and product teams to ensure publisher campaigns run smoothly and successfully
- Help account managers prepare reports, presentations, and pitches for client calls and meetings by conducting analysis, research, and other prep work as needed
- Support the account managers at industry conferences and in client meetings or phone calls
- Learn BookBub’s suite of marketing products thoroughly and understand how they can help our partners sell books
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of the publishing marketplace and internalize our partners’ pain points, needs, and goals
- You’re a currently enrolled undergraduate student
- You’re available to work full-time at our office in Cambridge, MA for six months in the second half of 2020 (typically July–December timeline)
- You have outstanding professional written and verbal communication skills
- You’re friendly, positive, and outgoing and have a desire to help others
- You have excellent analytical skills and meticulous attention to detail
- You have experience with data entry and project tracking
- You’re about to learn and quickly adapt to new organizational systems and processes
- You’re comfortable working autonomously and balancing competing priorities effectively
- You’re excited to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment
- You’re enthusiastic about books, authors, and/or the publishing industry
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at [email protected] All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.