Business Development (Author Relations) Co-op (Fall 2020) at BookBub
BookBub is one of the fastest-growing consumer tech startups in Boston. Millions of readers use our products every day to find great books, and our service empowers thousands of leading publishers and authors to drive sales and find new fans. We’re expanding our team to address the challenges and opportunities of the publishing industry while continuing to help readers find stories and authors they’ll love. Check out BookBub and our audiobooks retailing platform, Chirp, and learn more about what to expect working at BookBub.The Business Development (Author Relations) Co-op role
You'll work with us full-time at our office in Kendall Square for about six months, July–December 2020.
You’ll assist the author support and account management team, helping our account coordinators ensure an accurate, efficient, and uniquely positive experience for hundreds of our author partners.During your co-op, you will:
- Learn to navigate several of BookBub’s in-house admin systems
- Become fluent in several of BookBub’s product offerings and the value they provide for authors
- Interact directly with author partners to resolve product questions and data issues
- Coordinate with multiple internal teams, including our production and editorial teams, to resolve partner requests
- Be the primary team member responsible for confirming and creating new author social profiles
- You’re a currently enrolled undergraduate student
- You’re available to work full-time at our office in Cambridge, MA for six months in the second half of 2020 (typically July-December timeline)
- You have outstanding professional written communication skills
- You have a strong desire to help others and identify as a natural problem-solver
- You have excellent customer service instincts
- You enjoy structured processes that require meticulous attention to detail
- You’re able to learn and quickly adapt to new organizational systems and processes
- You’re comfortable working autonomously and balancing competing priorities effectively
- You’re excited to work in a fast-paced, rapidly changing startup environment
- You’re enthusiastic about books, authors, and/or the publishing industry
Our goal is to create an environment where you can interview at your best. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know at [email protected] All requests are treated as privately as possible and have no impact on candidate eligibility.
BookBub strives to be an inclusive workplace and we value learning from different perspectives. We seek to foster an environment filled with people from a wide variety of backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.