Indico is a venture-backed startup making the application of deep learning practical in the enterprise. Our focus is on helping to automate tedious back-office tasks, and improve the efficiency of labor-intensive document-based workflows. The fundamental branch of technology we use to achieve this is known as transfer learning, which allows us to train machine learning models with orders of magnitude less data than is required by traditional techniques, with a strong emphasis on NLP and text processing. Indico currently serves Fortune 1000 organizations in Financial Services and Insurance.
About the Position
After closing a Series B in December 2020, the company is looking for a VP of Finances to consolidate and own Indico’s finance function. As the first dedicated in house Finance resource you will be tasked with taking over and up-leveling Indico’s existing financial processes, including all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, budgeting and financial reporting. You will collaborate with both internal and external stakeholders and vendors to successfully manage Indico’s financial operations with the goal of bringing portions in-house as the companies scale.
You understand and thrive in an environment where ruthless prioritization and organization are critical in order to manage a venture-backed start-up’s growing finance needs. You are a stickler for keeping accurate records as well as following processes. You are frugal and seek out creative solutions rather than throwing money at the problem. You are detail-oriented but quick in making decisions and taking action after you have the necessary data. You're invested in having a life outside of work that is bolstered by a fulfilling job, not dominated by it. You look out for others and it shows in your willingness to sit down and hear out whatever needs or feedback other team members have in order to foster constructive conversation and reach the best resolution. With all that in mind, you work hard and have fun with it!
- Collaborate with department heads where necessary to build and lead our financial planning processes, including forecasting, budget planning, and financial analyses
- Develop monthly and quarterly reporting on key operational and financial metrics and build processes to share out with key stakeholder groups.
- Manage all aspects of our finance operations, providing both tactical and strategic support. Including all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, payroll, budgeting and financial reporting.
- Manage relations and partner with our outsourced bookkeeping firm, CPA and other financial resources
- Handle all financial reporting requirements and requests by external stakeholders (Investors, Customers, Partners)
- Oversee our first Audit for 2020 financials
- 15 + years in finance roles
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business, and CPA and/or CMA preferred.
- Ruthless prioritization and attention to details - you always need your numbers to tie
- Possess unquestionable integrity managing confidential information
- Proactive problem solver who takes initiative to find solutions and information required to get the job done
- Deep expertise in finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles, including U.S. GAAP at an Enterprise SaaS organization.
Indico is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to equal treatment of all employees without regard to race, national origin, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, veteran status, physical or mental disability or other basis protected by law.
The use of external recruiters/staffing agencies requires prior approval from our People Operations Team. The People Operations Team at Indico requests that external recruiters/staffing agencies not to contact Indico employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with Indico.
Indico will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than candidates themselves for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the People Operations Team and the external recruiter/staffing agency does not create any implied obligation on the part of Indico.
Read Full Job Description