Leyton is a global consultancy firm dedicated to helping companies of all sizes improve their business performance. Founded in 1997, we have grown to over 1,400 employees in 11 countries, with US offices in Boston and San Francisco.
Currently in the US, our specific expertise is in the implementation and optimization of Research and Development (R&D) Tax Relief and Credits. Our business consultants, technical experts and tax specialists work with a wide range of companies, offering strategic advice on how R&D work can be structured and financed.
We offer real career opportunities in a fast-growing, friendly firm with a dynamic and ambitious team. Our compensation package is competitive and you will be rewarded on the basis of your personal performance, as well as on the basis of the company's overall achievements. For the right candidate, the extensive growth plans for the US offer the opportunity to progress quickly.
Function of the role:
The primary focus of the role will be to provide financial cost optimization services to US companies who invest in R&D. You will be working with clients to extend and expand their businesses in line with their business costs, helping them to identify if their work is technically qualifying for R&D in conjunction with our technical team.
Main Responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the requirements for R&D tax relief and applying them in respect to clients’ development activities to ensure the relevant tax legislation and guidelines are met
- Drafting of clear financial narratives and analysis documents to justify R&D activities carried out by clients to the US tax authorities
- Determining the appropriate method of data collection through background research into clients and their relevant industries and interviewing key technical and financial leads
- Staying abreast of industry developments and legislative changes relevant to R&D tax relief and other innovation incentives
- Managing client’s R&D claims throughout the project, advising and liaising from both a tax and technical perspective to ensure deadlines and objectives are met
Desired experience and skills:
- Experience in Tax and tax compliance
- 2 – 4 years of experience with the R&D Tax Credit required
- Bachelor's degree required
- Payroll Tax Credit experience a plus
- Curiosity, awareness and an interest in science, technology and innovation
- An interest in applying seemingly simple concepts to a wide range of industrial sectors and tax matters
- Outstanding numerical ability and a proven track record of working in tight deadlines
- Good working knowledge with Excel to manipulate large and complete datasets with VLookup, IF functions and pivot tables
- Experience dealing with tax authorities, either on general corporate tax aspects or on specific R&D related matters
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift 15 pounds at times.
Perks and Benefits
Leyton offers a comprehensive benefits package including health, vision, dental, healthcare FSA, HRA, 401K, pre-tax transit and parking plans, PTO, and observed holidays. With a culture built on collaborative teamwork, respect and honesty, energy and can-do attitudes, dynamic innovation and excellence, Leyton fosters a supportive and empowering environment.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Leyton provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.