This is a terrific opportunity for a highly self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As the 15th fastest growing company in US & #1 in Massachusetts (Inc 500), we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
As a Strategy Associate of Strategy, Finance & Analytics, you will play an important role in evaluating the Company’s most important initiatives and provide valuable insight and analysis that will be used to assess the strategic direction of Forward Financing. You will report to the Director of Strategy, Finance & Analytics, and collaborate frequently with the Leadership team.
In this role you will:
- Help evaluate the highest-level Company-wide strategic priorities
- Research various strategic initiatives
- Analyze corporate development opportunities, including potential mergers and acquisitions
- Assist with the assessment of various strategic efforts, including potential international and product expansion
- Help curate, analyze and maintain the necessary data and insight to drive intelligent business decisions (using Tableau and internal databases)
- Work closely with various Departments to develop executive reports and assess performance and KPIs
- Support strategic decisions and drive business prioritization via market research and industry & competitive analysis
- Help develop and maintain financial analyses to support findings on various initiatives
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: high degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Analytical: Excellent quantitative and financial analysis skills, comfortable navigating a data-driven business environment to assist in delivering business insights. Able to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Analyze and challenge details, data and facts prior to making decisions and that important decision-making data is maintained accurately for repeated examination as required. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Quick Study: Intelligent. Quickly and proficiently learn, understand, and absorb new information.
- BS/BA in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields of study
- 2+ years in finance, investment banking, private equity (sector focus in FIG would be a plus)
- Proven ability to think strategically, while also possessing exemplary analytical skills and excellent communication
- A belief in the core values and mission of Forward Financing
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.