Strategic Finance Manager at EverQuote (Cambridge, MA)
● Leads the quarterly planning process by partnering with business leaders and providing financial modeling and analysis to develop operational and strategic plans.
● Drive portfolio and resource allocation decisions by providing financial leadership and decision support by evaluating the “strategic fit” and ROI of various strategic growth initiatives
● Drive accountability across the organization by analyzing and measuring performance against operating plans and KPI’s and communicating results to senior leadership
● Develops and maintains strong working relationships with business leaders and key stakeholders and is seen a trusted advisor and “go-to person” on all financial matters
● Provides actionable insights and decision support to business teams and works closely with Single Threaded Owners (“STOs”) across a wide range of activities including forecasting, financial modeling, scenario analysis, and trend analysis
● Drive strategic initiatives (incl. M&A financial diligence) through a combination of business partnering, analytical insight, and project management
● BS/BA in Finance, Accounting or business-related field. MBA/CFA a plus.
● 5+ years of experience in a combination of investment banking, investing (PE, VC, hedge fund), management consulting, or experience at a high-growth tech company in Strategic Finance, FP&A, Business Intelligence or similar role
● Expert Excel skills; extensive experience building three-statement financial models and analyzing large data sets
● Effective project management skills; highly organized, independent, and self-motivated
● Comfortable working in a dynamic fast-paced environment where you have to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work collaboratively with both senior and junior level colleagues.
● Proficient in PowerPoint with experience developing compelling presentations
● Demonstrated leadership and influencing skills
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.