Strategic Finance Manager
Who we are
Hometap is a highly-funded startup, venturing into the massive $14T residential real estate market. Our vision is to empower current and prospective homeowners to access their home's equity, free of debt. We’ve been funded from the beginning by top-tier VC firms and led by incredibly successful entrepreneurs. Our investment product gives homeowners access to their home equity today and frees them from the burdens of debt. Critical to our mission is being thoughtful in everything we build. If you’re someone who embraces this builder mentality, you’ll be right at home here.
What we’re looking for
As Hometap’s Strategic Finance Manager, you’ll play a key role in determining our product development strategy. You’ll partner with every area of the business - Investor Relations, Data, Marketing, Product - to ask and assess the most important questions impacting our business.
You’ll be leading the charge to answer questions like: “Which states should we enter next?”, “How do different pricing assumptions impact our performance?”, “What level of risk should we take, and how will that impact our portfolio?” and “How do different products perform over time?”
You are passionate about solving analytical problems and take an ‘answer-first’ and results-oriented approach. You execute quickly and with intention. You are a swiss army knife - you can speak the language of whomever you’re speaking to.
Why we need you
- You’ll own financial modeling and analysis to support our investor fundraising process
- You’ll partner with the data team to translate data analysis into business impact
- You’ll help define and test the economics of new products we launch
- You’ll work with our team to assess our consumer targeting efficiency via analytics
- You've got a Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3+ years of experience in a financial analysis role (including banking and consulting)
- You are motivated, self-directed and exceptionally good at getting stuff done
- You adapt easily and work well with others across functional groups
- You’ve got a strong business acumen (“does this make sense?” and “I wonder if…” are always running in the background of your mind)
- You live and breath in excel
- You’ve got an expert ability to take analysis and synthesize findings
- (bonus points) You’ve got some statistical training or experience to support work around database queries
- (more bonus points) You’ve got some training or experience in computer science
Our team & culture
Equally important to the candidate’s skill-sets is the candidate’s fit within our business. We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial, fast paced, data-driven, a creative thinker who looks for opportunities within challenges, has a competitive drive to win and values collaboration.