EverQuote is seeking a Staff Accountant to join our growing team! The Staff Accountant will assist in the accounting operations of the company by helping us with various general ledger activities while helping to streamline vital accounting practices. We are looking for candidates with an accounting degree and experience in at a high–growth technology forward company. This is an important role with high visibility throughout the organization!
- Update and maintain various individual account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Ensure expenses are coded correctly by location and account. Perform flux analysis on general ledger accounts.
- Close the monthly general ledger on a timely basis.
- Document processes for all tasks
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by evaluating current procedures and recommend changes as the team and company scale.
- 2+ years of related accounting experience, B.S. in Accounting
- Ability prioritize and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Eye for detail and accuracy is imperative
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic understanding of US GAAP, NetSuite, or other cloud based ERP/financial systems
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.