Join CloudHealth by VMware and collaborate with bright, passionate people while supporting the incredible growth of a business unit dedicated to the fastest growing area of technology today. We’re adding new customers every day (and new employees every week) on our quest to solidify and expand our position as the premier Cloud Service Management leader under VMware. As one of the “Best Places to Work” in Boston, we value transparency, community, innovation and excellence – and we have an amazing group of people working out of our headquarters in Boston, right near South Station.
As Staff Accountant for CloudHealth by VMware, you will support the CloudHealth Accounting and Deal-Desk Teams to drive and improve upon our billing, general ledger and CRM environments and processes. A successful accountant in this role will be detail oriented, collaborative, and punctual. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn and embody a mindset of perpetual improvement that translates to process improvements as we continue to scale the business.
- Own the entire monthly billing cycle for both direct and channel customers
- Collaborate with sales and account managers to promptly resolve customer billing inquiries
- Partner with the parent (VMware) organization’s collections team in Bangalore and account managers to ensure timely settlement of customer invoices
- Draft and maintain detailed documentation of monthly recurring processes, to ensure business continuity
- Understand SOX controls specific to billing function and uphold integrity of documentation
- Various ad-hoc reporting supporting sales, account management and the deal-desk functions
- Review, recommend and implement best practices regarding accounting policies and procedures
- BA or BS in Business, Finance or Accounting
- MBA, CPA or equivalent experience a plus
- 1-3 years of experience in an accounting or billing environment
- Experience working in a high growth enterprise SaaS software company
- Ability to build relationships and collaborate across all levels of the Company.
- Advanced user of Microsoft Excel
- Zuora/subscription billing and Salesforce.com experience a plus
*This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.*
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.