At Markforged, we are on a mission to unlock the next 10x innovation in design and manufacturing. We build an Industrial 3D Printing Platform to liberate designers and engineers from decades-old, slow part creation processes. NASA, Google, Ford, Amazon, Siemens and thousands of companies in over 50 countries use Markforged to print same-day prototypes and produce stronger end-use parts than they did before. With Markforged, customers are able to ship 50X faster, spend 20X less, and build products that are 23X stronger.
The Accounting team prepares and verifies financial information used to drive strategic decision making by senior management. The team maintains the books and records for the company and manages day to day financial operations. By partnering with colleagues throughout the organization, the team helps to ensure that all departments are successful in achieving their goals and driving the company’s growth. Ideal for candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced, high-growth startup environment with exposure to senior management.
In this role you will:
- Participate in the monthly close process through account reconciliations, journal entry preparation and other duties as needed
- Assist with daily accounting transactions, including payables, billing, and cash application
- Assist with Journal Entries, Bank Rec's, Account Rec's, reclassifications, adjustments, etc
- Assist in the preparation of financial statements
- Identify areas for improvement in the monthly close process and present findings to senior management
- Special Projects as required
What we look for:
- Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 0-3 yrs experience in an accounting or finance role
- Strong background and proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Detail oriented with the ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills - ability to communicate and collaborate with colleagues of all seniority levels throughout the organization
- Knowledge of financial statements
- At Markforged, we have a culture that values learning, data-driven decision making, and prioritization
- We learn from failure and are not afraid to keep trying after others have given up
- We are a team of talented individuals and are looking to grow with enthusiastic individuals who share our vision of improving how the world innovates
- We offer a competitive compensation package and a full suite of benefits, including medical insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, 401(k), parental leave, commuter benefits, open PTO policy, and more
- Our work environment includes casual dress, a fully stocked kitchen, bike storage, free parking, weekly catered lunches, and fitness perks.
Markforged values the differences among our employees and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment. These differences include but are not limited to race, color, ancestry, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, religion, age, disability, gender identity, results of genetic testing, or service in the military. This goal emphasizes the development of inclusive work environments that capitalize on each employee’s skills, experience, and unique perspectives as we strive to achieve an unparalleled standard of excellence.
To all recruitment agencies: Markforged does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Markforged employees. Markforged is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Read Full Job Description