EdX is a nonprofit educational technology company that provides millions of people from around the globe a platform to access high-quality classes from the world’s best institutions so that they can power their future. We’re backed by Harvard & MIT and located in the heart of Kendall Square in Cambridge. Interested in joining our team?
We are looking to hire a Staff Accountant to join our team! This role will do critical work that keeps our dynamic tech company moving forward. You’ll be driving recurring but challenging daily and monthly work that includes but is not limited to: the receivables life cycle, cash management, ensuring our close is timely and our balance sheet is accurate. You’ll also have the opportunity to shine with routine ad-hoc work that comes up as we grow and face new business opportunities. The ideal candidate will have two to three years of practical experience in the areas of cash application, customer invoicing, accounts payable and general ledger as well as strong communication skills.
- Daily responsibilities include:
- Cash application from multiple payment sources (ACH, Wire, PayPal)
- Customer invoice preparation via NetSuite and PayPal
- Review and process vendor invoices for payment via bill.com
- Assist with new vendor and customer setup requirements, along with system implementations
- Answers accounting inquiries from internal and external stakeholders related to cash, invoicing/receivables and vendors
- Responsible for the timely and accurate preparation of month-end accounting close functions as assigned including journal entries, fixed assets, bad debt reserve analysis and calculation, bank reconciliations
- Assists with annual internal and external financial audits by producing supporting schedules and documentation
- Work cash collections and receivables management to bring down sales outstanding
- Collaborate on various projects to help our business as we scale, such as developing streamlined and improved processes and advanced automation
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting with 2-3 years of full-time experience.
- Analytical in nature, basic accounting skills, ability to provide concise and accurate responses to questions both internally and externally.
- Great attention to detail, effective time management skills with a knack for prioritization, process-oriented with the ability to identify and recommend process enhancements, comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with a team of like-minded folks. You’ll work both within the department and with different levels of employees in multiple departments.
- Preferred Systems Experience:
- NetSuite (or similar ERP)
- Trello (or similar system for cross-departmental communication)
- Advanced proficiency with MS Excel (Pivot tables, Vlookup, Sumif, etc...)
Note: This role may deal with confidential information and/or issues requiring discretion and judgment.
This position is located in our Cambridge, MA office. Sorry, Visa sponsorship is not available.