Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in- one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Staff Accountant will assist in the accounting operations of the company by helping us with various general ledger activities while helping to streamline vital accounting practices. We are looking for candidates with an accounting or finance degree and experience in at a high–growth technology company. This is an important role with high visibility throughout the organization.
- Responsible for areas including: cash, fixed assets and depreciation, prepaids, etc.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining various individual account reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Ensures expenses are coded correctly by location and account. Perform flux analysis on general ledger accounts.
- Responsible for monthly general ledger close on a timely basis.
- Documenting processes for all tasks.
- Develop and implement accounting procedures by evaluating current procedures and recommending changes.
- 2+ years of related accounting experience, B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- Ability prioritize and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Eye for detail and accuracy is imperative
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic understanding of US GAAP, NetSuite, or other cloud based ERP/financial systems