Who We Are
MedTouch is an award-winning online strategy and technology company headquartered in Boston, MA. Focusing exclusively on hospitals, health plans and physician groups, MedTouch combines creative and technical expertise to ensure our clients achieve results that matter. Our services and solutions include healthcare specific content management solutions, user experience design, results driven search marketing, content strategy services, consumer facing websites, employee oriented intranets and more.
We are a fast-paced, innovative company and we take pride in the quality of our people as well as our work. Although we are growing steadily, we strive to retain a relationship-based, people focused environment. We are committed to creating a welcoming and rewarding workplace for clients and employees alike.
As a Staff Accountant at MedTouch, you will be responsible for developing and leveraging an understanding of internal finance and accounting systems for a quickly growing digital technology and strategy services organization. This role is vital to ensuring effective financial monthly closes, enabling informed decisions by leaders, and overall continued business growth.
- Work with the CFO to manage client invoicing processes and ensure timely collection of receivables.
- Generate revenue recognition schedules for monthly revenue recognition process.
- Manage accounts payable process and generate vendor/employee payments using online banking system.
- Review and approve expense reports using Expensify software package and reconciliation of company credit cards.
- Ensure the timely preparation of journal entries, supporting schedules, and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts for monthly close.
- Work with Financial Operations team on project accounting system (Financial Force).
- Identify, recommend, and implement improved accounting and reporting processes.
This position is just right for you if you have:
- A Completed B.A. or B.S. degree in Accounting or related field.
- 3+ years of professional experience in a similar staff accountant role.
- Experience using QuickBooks or like accounting platforms.
- Tech savviness and an ability to pick up new financial web tools quickly and effectively.
- An eye for details and a natural penchant towards organization.
- Exemplary oral and written communication skills – context comes naturally and you demonstrate an understanding of urgency.
- Proficient skills in and enthusiasm for Microsoft Excel.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills as well as self-motivation and the ability to thrive in a fast paced, forward moving environment.
- Prior experience in a professional services company a plus.
What We Can Offer You
- Fifteen days of PTO per year plus nine paid company holidays and other time off as needed.
- Healthcare, Dental and Vision coverage as outlined in the company benefits overview.
- 401(k) plan options.
- Short Term Disability Insurance, Long Term Disability Insurance, and Life Insurance.
- Flex spending account for out-of-pocket medical expenses.
- Dedicated budget for individual and team training and education purposes.
- Company sponsored charity opportunities.
- Seriously awesome people to work with and an employee happiness budget.