Staff Accountant, Inventory at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Staff Accountant, Inventory role will assist in the accounting operations of the company by helping with various general ledger activities while helping to streamline vital accounting practices and acting as a bridge into the warehouse operations. We are looking for candidates with an accounting or finance degree and with experience in a high-volume warehouse or distribution center to help build out best practices. This is an important role with high visibility throughout the organization that will require an individual excited about working collaboratively across teams.
About this roll*:
- Responsible for updating and maintaining various individual balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis
- Responsible for reviewing all Inventory Purchases Orders to ensure proper setup
- Perform flux analysis on general ledger accounts
- Responsible for monthly general ledger close on a timely basis
- Documenting processes for all tasks
- Collaborate with systems and operations teams to build and implement new accounting and operational procedures while enhancing existing processes
- Assist in maintaining the Netsuite Inventory Module’s accuracy with assistance from operational teams.Ad hoc tasks as necessary.
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- 2+ years of related accounting experience, B.S. in Accounting or Finance
- Ability prioritize and to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- An eye for detail and accuracy is imperative
- Excellent communication skills
- Basic understanding of US GAAP, NetSuite, or other cloud based ERP/financial systems
*Bread puns encouraged but not required