Staff Accountant II (payroll experience preferred) at Videolink
At VideoLink, we pride ourselves on our superior customer service, passion for excellence, spirit of teamwork and the focus on continued innovation. Our staff are the people who enable us to deliver on those values every business day. That’s why we’re always on the lookout for talented, ambitious people who can make a substantial contribution to our team of smart, down-to-earth, hardworking professionals.
You’ll have daily opportunities to develop your individual skills, share your knowledge, become an expert in our dynamic industry, and be part of an innovative organization. Come join us!
Reporting to Controller, the Staff Accountant II is responsible for helping to ensure that transactions and reports are accurate, complete, and timely, company records are kept confidentially in accordance with GAAP, FASB and corporate standards and guidelines and assigned accounting functions are completed accurately within assigned schedules and deadlines. Accounting functions assigned include A/R, sales and use tax compliance and filing, bi-weekly payroll processing, general ledger and month end preparation and reconciliation. This person works on projects of limited complexity in a support role and gains exposure to some of the complex tasks within the job function. Occasionally directed in several aspects of the work.
Perform regular and recurring accounting functions that require professional competence, including but not limited to:
- Analyze and process expense reports for employees; fill the role of system administrator for online expense management system
- Act as corporate credit card administrator (ordering and cancellation of employee credit cards and management of credit card limits)
- Process and reconcile two corporate bank accounts
- Work closely with the Staff Accountant and the Controller to complete the month end close reconciliation process
- Assist with fiscal year audit following up with requests for information
- Backup responsibilities: ensure compliance and filing of monthly Sales and Use tax reports for multiple states; maintain fixed asset and depreciation schedules
Perform biweekly payroll functions that require professional competence, including but not limited to:
- Prepare and process biweekly payroll for 60+ employees via UltiPro payroll software
- Resolve payroll discrepancies and payroll tax issues directly with parent company (AVI-SPL)
- Provide payroll information by answering questions and requests
- Maintain employee confidence by protecting payroll operations, keeping information confidential and secure at all times
- Review and verify quarterly tax reports
- Prepare GL payroll reconciliations including salary expense, 401(k) and employer match calculation, PTO time tracking and accrual, and other miscellaneous benefit accounts
- Prepare and provide benefit census information as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- 3-5 years related accounting experience (thorough knowledge and understanding of month-end / year-end closing through the G/L)
- 2-3 years of payroll experience with solid understanding of payroll and payroll tax laws is required
- Multi state sales and use tax experience is essential
- Experience with Great Plains required
- ScheduALL (work order processing) and accounting system integration highly preferred
- Computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and TEAMs
- Ability to express ideas clearly in both written and oral communications
- Work collaboratively within a team structure and independently when directed
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and respectfully: verbal, listening, and written
- Strong computer skills (MS Office, accounting, scheduling, and CRM software packages)
- Strong problem-solving skills, as well as a high level of analytical and quantitative skills
- Ability to meet communicated schedules and deadlines
- Mature judgment to make sound decisions based on objective evidence, customer and VideoLink needs, and cost considerations
- Highly organized and accurate with daily work and other projects
- Trustworthy and ethical with high integrity
- Strong work ethic, self-direction, self-motivation, patience, persistence, and the ability to get along with coworkers and customers
- Superb customer service skills
- Ability to train others, and to learn from others
- Proven ability to work remotely when required
What’s in it for you?
- Join a leader in the video industry - be part of the exciting world of video
- Competitive salary; full benefits package; paid time off
If your interest and skills match the needs of the position, please apply with both a resume with a cover letter. Compensation commensurate with experience (please state your salary expectations). Thank you.
We affirm in policy and in practice that all employment decisions will be based on merit and business needs and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation or any other factor protected by law.
NOTE: We only work with candidates directly, not recruiters.