Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Staff Accountant Fintech will assist in accounting for payment processing, Toast Capital, and other newly developed fintech initiatives. We are looking for a motivated individual who can help us work through complex transactions on a monthly basis with a strong ability to prioritize a variety of tasks and ensure a timely close process. This is a challenging role that requires problem solving and active collaboration across teams.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Assist in month-end close activities, including reconciling payment transaction detail, maintaining Toast Capital schedules, and booking journal entries.
- Help build scalable accounting processes to support growth within the fintech space.
- Partner with systems and operations teams to support internal financial systems and automation.
- Support various special projects and ad hoc tasks as necessary.
- Maintain and update internal documentation for processes.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 2+ years experience in accounting or equivalent, some from a “Big 4” or “Top 10” accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience in the monthly close process
- Netsuite experience preferred, but not required
- Strong analytical skills and strong knowledge of Excel
*Bread puns encouraged but not required