Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
The Senior Tax Accountant will oversee and manage all aspects of direct and indirect taxes from sales tax, property tax, income tax and state compliance matters. We are looking for a direct or indirect tax accountant that is versatile enough to manage multiple projects. This role will work with outside providers such as Avalara, registered agent, tax provision preparer and tax return preparer. This is a challenging, highly visible role that requires attention to detail, project management skills, problem solving and active collaboration.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Oversee sales and use tax function which is managed by an outside provider
- Assist in managing sales tax audits
- Prepare various reconciliations as part of the close process
- Collaborate with outside registered agents on adhoc state compliance matters
- Assist in managing tax provision process on a quarterly basis with outside provider
- Collaborate with various team members to obtain necessary information for compliance requirements.
- Provide assistance in filing necessary income tax extensions & income tax returns prepared by outside tax firm
- Obtain or prepare client prepared list for income tax returns
- Support various special projects e.g international expansion and ad hoc tasks as necessary
- Institute processes and controls as needed in a dynamic environment
- Maintain and update internal documentation for processes.
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 3+ years experience in direct or indirect income tax preferably with a “Big 4” or “Top 10” accounting firm
- Bachelor’s degree in Tax, Accounting or Finance
- Strong organizational & project management skills
- Should be able to work independently
- Goal oriented personality capable of multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced environment
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong Excel skills
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.