Senior Revenue Analyst at Cybereason
Cybereason is seeking a Sr. Revenue Analyst who will report directly to the Senior Revenue Manager and will assist all aspects of the quote to cash and revenue accounting processes.
Our Senior Revenue Analyst will primarily be responsible for the accurate accounting and reporting of revenue, processing billings and collections. This person will execute monthly close activities relating to revenue under ASC 606, validate and reconcile revenue related accounts and systems, assist in analyzing fluxes and data, and prepare reports for internal and external stake holders. An ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, possess working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and pay attention to detail. The ideal candidate will be a hands-on team player possessing solid organizational and communication skills.
What You'll Do:
- Prepare timely and accurate reconciliations for all revenue and related accounts under ASC 606, balance sheet accounts including deferred revenue, contract assets and liabilities, capitalized contract costs, accounts receivable, and allowance for doubtful accounts.
- Understand and prepare accounting entries for various revenue related activities, which may include accounts receivables, revenue accounting and review collections and accounts standing
- Assist in contract write-ups, perform contracts review and function as a key owner of internal controls relating to the revenue accounting area
- Prepaid proper allocation of transaction price to identified performance obligations, along with delivering services revenue.
- Work closely with international locations as needed to obtain information necessary to analyze deals and reconcile accounts
- Work with our external auditors and provide PBCs and necessary reporting and analysis at quarter and year-end to external auditors as requested for audit
- Perform periodic updates to accounting estimates and judgments required in the application of ASC 606.
- Contribute to special projects as needed such as ERP system implementation and other ad-hoc revenue projects
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum 5 years of experience in Revenue Accounting, Public accounting experience preferred
- Strong U.S. GAAP knowledge particularly around revenue-recognition
- Advanced MS Excel experience using advanced formulas and modeling
- NetSuite/Oracle experience strongly preferred
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- Demonstrated ability to consistently work within fixed timeframes and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills and desire to work cross-functionally to achieve common goals.
- Independent, self-starter willing to think outside of the box.