Senior Payroll Manager
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
We’re looking for an experienced Senior Payroll Manager to own our bi-weekly payroll and help us handle all this growth! We're adding headcount and growing rapidly, so it is important that we use technology to establish and refine processes that add value to the employee experience. The successful candidate for this position will report directly to our Controller and play a critical role in building our greatest asset- our people!
What you’ll do:
- Manage all payroll functions to ensure compliance with applicable polices, contracts, and State and Federal laws while ensuring accurate and timely payroll processing
- Be responsible for accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual payroll reconciliations and tax filings
- Develop and implement best-in-class payroll policies with attention to compliance and effective internal control policies
- Perform timely analysis of payroll records, reports, and discrepancies in order to resolve problems as expeditiously as possible and to maintain the integrity of the payroll, HR, and accounting systems
- Prepare information required for internal/external audit processes
- Partner with HR on the ongoing configuration and maintenance of the UltiPro HR system
- Assist with employee needs/questions/education; collaborate and partner with HR on development and distribution of employee education/communication initiatives
- Administer all of the company's equity programs and ensure that all equity transactions are accurately processed and settled in a timely manner
- Maintain daily record-keeping of equity data and ensure quality control of the record keeping system
- Reconcile transactions, termination dates, tax withholding and reporting, and other items as required
- Communicate plan provisions to employees and resolve employee issues or concerns as appropriate
- Maintain supporting workbooks for internal/external auditors and respond accurately, thoroughly and timely to auditor requests for data
- Maintain ezCater’s equity data using Carta
- 10+ years’ experience leading payroll for multi-state organization(s) of 500-1,000+ employees
- An in-depth and comprehensive understanding of equity administration and management, including accounting, tax, and legal concepts
- Juggling ability: You’re comfortable with a high-volume list of varied tasks
- Tech-savviness: We're completely tech-enabled, and you’ll need to quickly pick up our toolset and optimize our technology platform
- An appetite for change: If something isn’t working, we fix it. And then we fix it again
- Devotion to details: Our quality standard is the highest in the business
- Friendliness: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
What you’ll get from us:
Most importantly, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in Boston’s financial district, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.