Senior Payroll Accountant
The Senior Payroll Accountant will assist in processing the Company’s payroll and payroll related accounting activities. This role requires a passion for processes and organization, as well as the desire to have a positive impact on our fast-growing workforce. This role will be based in Boston and will report to the Payroll Manager in Boston.
- Assist in payroll processing for hourly and salaried employees ensuring payrolls are completed on-time and error-free.
- Prepare and post timely accounting entries for payroll, taxes, commissions, bonus, etc.
- Prepare monthly payroll reconciliations, including all required support for annual and quarterly financial statement audits.
- Assist in year-end procedures including management of 3rd party vendor for generation of W2s and other monthly, quarterly and annual required tax compliance.
- Provide support for various financial, state and insurance audits.
- Provides exceptional customer support so that employees view the Finance team as helpful and responsive, our people never complain about payroll, and payroll questions are answered quickly and accurately
- Partner with the Finance and People teams to develop and maintain Indigo’s “hire to retire” process
- Ensures appropriate controls are in place and working effectively around hiring, paying, and terminating employees
- Understand and embody our purpose & core values
- Extremely organized with strong attention to detail
- Highly trustworthy and able to handle confidential material
- Works well cross-functionally in a collaborative manner
- Rolls up sleeves and digs into the work to get things done
- Comfortable flagging items outside of policies; persistent when it comes to following up
- Highly process-oriented
- Team player who is open to creative ideas and doesn’t just fall back on doing what’s always been done
- Positive, can-do attitude with exceptional customer service
- Passionate about Indigo’s mission and core values
- Pro-active ownership in work and takes extreme pride in their work product
- 2-5+ years of payroll processing experience, with at least 2 consecutive years of payroll at the same company
- Advance excel and word skills
- Some knowledge of state and federal tax laws and implications on payroll
- Working knowledge of payroll/HR governance regulations, policies, etc.
- Experience with Workday preferred
- Experience with ADP Workforce preferred