Senior Payments Intelligence Analyst
We’re not your traditional tech company. We recognize that talented people often come from outside the tech space. No matter what your background is, there’s a place for you at Toast. We’ve 86’d the conventional workplace for one where people can truly bring their full selves to work. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
The Toast Payments teams are the hidden heroes and heroines of Toast. Your team ensures a restaurant can always perform the mission critical act of taking a payment from a guest, even in the middle of a power outage! As an integrated payment processor, Toast processes millions of dollars per day, and at the end of the day, makes sure that money gets to a restaurant’s bank account.
Bready* to make a change?
We are looking for a highly motivated individual to join the Toast Payments team and play a key role in our continued growth for making data-driven improvements. This person will be responsible for identifying and providing insights in payment processing cost optimization.Toast processes billions of dollars every year and this role will drive high impact decision-making through analysis and reporting.
About this roll*:
- Develop complex payments financial models to identify margin improvements, manage payments predictability, and identify optimization opportunities
- Partner with Finance, Data Science, Product, and other Toast Payment teams
- Support monthly cadence with Finance to review results, identify and explain variances, mitigate risks, and capitalize on opportunities
- Own monthly reconciliation process for all payment processing costs
- Develop and maintain payments reporting metrics on both an ad hoc and routine basis
- Monitor and provide insights into payment processing costs in real-time
Do you have the right ingredients*?
- Bachelor's Degree; 4+ years experience in an analytical, data driven role
- Advanced Excel modeling skills; ideally experience with SQL, Python, or similar
- Extreme attention to detail
- An inquisitive nature, someone who wants to explore variances, and understands the root causes
- Ability to work effectively in a dynamic, changing environment and adapt while focusing on key goals and objectives
- Experience working at a payment processing company, Big 4 accounting firm, and/or FP&A department in a high growth tech company
- Knowledge of the credit card processing industry