Senior Manager, Pricing at Toast
We’re not your traditional tech company and we don’t aim to be. Going against the grain is in our DNA. Building a revolutionary product begins with revolutionary thinking. That’s why we value diversity of thought, background and experience. Together, we empower restaurants of all sizes to build great teams, increase revenue, improve operations, and delight their guests. We pair our deep understanding of the restaurant industry with powerful cloud based software and restaurant-grade hardware to deliver an intuitive all-in-one platform. Join us on our mission to empower the restaurant community to delight guests, do what they love, and thrive.
In this role you will be responsible for pricing analysis and recommendations across Toast’s suite of product offerings. You will need to be a self-starter with strong analytical skills and a proven track record of completing analyses and implementing price tests and changes in a high growth environment. The pricing manager will drive the development of new business models, optimize pricing and packaging offerings, and contribute to shaping Toast’s pricing strategy.
What you will do:
- Evaluate different business models and conduct data-driven analysis to evolve our pricing strategies
- Drive alignment with product, marketing, sales, and finance leaders on pricing strategy across all Toast’s products and services
- Model financial and business impact of pricing options and develop the business case for changes in collaboration with Finance
- Drive pricing research via customer and 3rd party surveys, customer and prospect interviews and internal data analysis
- Research and report on competitor price points and offerings
- Develop price and analyze price tests
- Collaborate with product and marketing leaders on internal and external communication, sales enablement and systems changes to implement pricing changes
- Monitor and report on KPIs associated with pricing changes
Do you have the right ingredients?
- 5 + years experience in an analytical and strategic role with direct experience in pricing-related work
- Strong Excel capabilities, knowledge of SQL or R a plus
- Strong quantitative skills and experience with market research and data analysis
- Experience working in SaaS or financial services preferable
- Highly collaborative mindset; experienced at working cross-functionally to drive results
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly changing work environment
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail to ensure tight deadlines are met both internally and externally