Senior Manager of Global Tax at SmartBear
SmartBear is seeking a Senior Manager of Global Tax to be the lead tax expert within the organization. Reporting to the Corporate Controller, this is an important role within the organization that will be responsible for all aspects of the Company’s global tax requirements including reporting, tax provision, compliance, and planning.
The position will be responsible for the following:
- Financial Reporting – Support the accurate preparation of the company’s Federal/Foreign income tax expense (both current and deferred) for financial statement purposes. Evaluate uncertain tax reporting positions and business combinations in order to properly reflect the tax treatment of such items in the financial statements. Analyze the tax aspects of financial projections and forecasts. Lead technology and process improvements to ensure accurate, timely information is provided to the financial reporting group.
- Planning Activities – Lead the implementation of non-structural tax planning strategies, which maximize savings on a defensible basis. Review tax research. Participate in the review of proposed transactions to properly advise management of tax consequences. Support the Federal income tax integration of business acquisitions, dispositions and restructurings including the inclusion of acquisitions into the Company’s global transfer pricing structure.
- Tax Compliance – Manage the accurate reporting of the US Federal income tax return including the international aspects of the return. Review alternative tax positions in order to determine the most appropriate cost-effective filing position. Support U.S. transfer pricing compliance process. Lead technology and process improvements to improve tax return compliance process.
- Tax Audits and Controversies – Evaluate requests for information from government officials and participate in developing strategies to successfully defend tax filing positions. Assist VP of International Finance with foreign tax audits and requests. Support the coordination and implementation of audit strategies. Stay abreast of legal developments and industry positions in order to accurately evaluate options and responses to requests for information.
- State and Local Tax Compliance – Evaluate current State and Local tax compliance structure and assist in the design of a structure to ensure appropriate sales and use tax filing and reporting.
- Direct external tax advisors on a project-by-project basis.
Job Skills and Qualifications
- CPA and advance degree in finance or accounting with an emphasis in taxation
- Broad technical knowledge of US Federal Tax, US International tax law, and state and local transactional tax.
- Solid GAAP Financial Accounting/ASC 740 knowledge
- Excellent business acumen with a sound understanding of the tax implications of a multinational software company.
- Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop intuitive and creative solutions to complex issues
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
At SmartBear, we focus on your one priority that never changes: quality. We know delivering quality software over and over is complicated. So our tools are built to streamline your process while seamlessly working with the products you use – and will use. Whether it’s TestComplete, Swagger, Cucumber, ReadyAPI, Zephyr, or one of our other tools, we span from test automation, API lifecycle, collaboration, performance testing, test management, and more. Whichever you need, they’re easy to try, easy to buy, and easy to integrate. We’re used by 15 million developers, testers, and operations engineers at 24,000+ organizations – including world-renowned innovators like Adobe, JetBlue, FedEx, and Microsoft. Wherever you’re going, we’ll help you get there. Learn more at smartbear.com, or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, or Facebook.