Senior Manager of Billing and Collections at Toast
Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
Bready* to make a change?
The Sr. Manager of Billing and Collections will oversee a team that will be responsible for billing customers and managing customer issues on billing. This person would facilitate ongoing process and system improvements to scale with growth and ensuring high customer experience and NPS. This role provides a great opportunity to demonstrate leadership skills in building and challenging a high performing team and managing with metrics.
This challenging role requires structured thinking and detailed data and process analysis to identify issues before they manifest. Also critical will be the ability to problem solve, resolve issues as they arise, as well as communicate solutions directly to the customer. This person must be passionate about serving and helping our customers. They must also be able to work cross-functionally with internal partners such as other Business Operations team managers, accounting, customer success, support, and information systems. In all of the above activities, they will be responsible for setting up processes that allow the billing operations to scale efficiently with our tremendous growth. This person would manage a large team and will report to the Director of Billing and Business Operations.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Develop internal processes and standard operating procedures & SLAs for different scenarios
- Manage the transactional billing team; ensuring work is completed accurately and in a timely manner
- Develop a structured approach to identify potential billing issues and develop a scalable resolution process
- Leverage other teams, as needed, to support the growth by providing suitable training
- Manage communication process with customers to resolve complex billing issues while ensuring a great customer experience
- Manage the team with KPIs to ensure they are in line with established SLAs
- Work closely with restaurant success managers and support to understand customer pain points and develop scalable solutions to address them
- Work with partner teams (e.g. operations, accounting, operational excellence) to change processes as needed
- Build a high-performing team, develop roles and responsibilities for the team and structure them for success
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- 7+ years of experience working in a role that required a mix of analytics/process improvement and stakeholder/customer engagement
- Passion to achieve positive customer experience
- Experience managing a high performing team
- Good attention to detail and results-oriented performance
- Strong analytical skills to manage and report on large volume of data and KPIs
- Strong communicator with an ability to work with customers and stakeholders
Special Sauce (Bonus Skills)
- Experience working in SalesForce, NetSuite, or other similar SaaS-based ERP and CRM systems
- Proficiency in SQL or similar languages
- Billing-related experience
*Bread puns encouraged but not required