Now, more than ever, the Toast team is committed to our customers. We’re taking steps to help restaurants navigate these unprecedented times with technology, resources, and community. Our focus is on building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love. And because our technology is purpose-built for restaurants, by restaurant people, restaurants can trust that we’ll deliver on their needs for today while investing in experiences that will power their restaurant of the future.
We are hiring a Senior Director of Treasury to establish and scale our global treasury function. In this role, you will be responsible for developing the overall strategic vision as well as leading the day-to-day operations supporting a fast-paced, global company. This role will manage all areas of Treasury - cash, investments, and banking relationships, banking operations, foreign exchange hedging strategies, insurance programs, and other risk management aspects, as well as setting the appropriate capital structure.
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Manage our global cash management processes including, but not limited to, funding strategies, banking operations, cash flows across our entities, foreign exchange execution and interest optimization
- Provide strategic guidance in effectively managing banking operations across multiple FinTech product offerings by managing float, liquidity, structuring, net cost of funding while optimizing reserves
- Assess overall risk around cash management, payment processing, banking systems, funding processes, and foreign exchange fluctuations; develop and implement the overall strategy to mitigate risks and optimize opportunities
- Develop and drive policies and controls to provide effective stewardship of Toast’s cash across multiple entities, both domestic and international
- Maintain positive banking relationships and leverage such partnership for business needs
- Collaborate closely with Finance and Accounting to develop and implement cash forecasting models and reporting for cash management and cash needs, ensuring the business is fully informed of key treasury metrics
- Develop best-in-class risk management/insurance program, owning renewals and balancing risk appetite with costs
- Evaluate and implement a Treasury Management System tool to improve and automate global cash transparency
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Experience in Treasury operations in a global and publicly-traded company
- Prior experience in a hands-on treasury operations role with an enthusiastic “roll up your sleeves” mentality
- A proven ability to build strong collaborative working relationships with business partners and executives
- An inclination and ability to solve problems in systematic, scalable ways via infrastructure and automation
- Ability to work independently to drive implementation of small and large-scale process improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including enhanced senior management and Board presentation skills
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Prior treasury experience managing FinTech products and/or with payments processing, issuing, lending.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required
At Toast, we believe that the success of our business and our customers comes only with the success of our employees.
Our employees are our secret ingredient. When they are empowered to succeed, Toast succeeds in achieving our mission to enable our community of restaurateurs to delight their guests, do what they love, and thrive. The restaurant industry is one of the most diverse industries. We embrace and are excited by this diversity, believing that only through authenticity, inclusivity, high standards of respect and trust, and leading with humility will we be able to achieve our goals.
At the heart of this is our hospitality mindset of ensuring everyone feels welcomed and included, and our Toast values and behaviors that best define who we are as Toasters.