Senior Director of Tax Controllership at Cybereason
We have come together at Cybereason to pursue our vision of an open, safe and connected world, and our mission to leave our world a better place than we found it.
We take on each day knowing we are doing something that is worth our time, passion and brain power, and we believe that we can only solve some of the world’s most complex technology challenges by unlocking the full talents of everyone within our organization.
Cybereason gives organizations the upper hand by taking an entirely new approach to cybersecurity with AI Hunting, the first AI-powered technology that answers the question “Am I under attack?” proactively, without manual effort.
We are a company that wins as one. We are daring, always evolving, and never give up. Most importantly we accept our employee for who they are and embrace people that may not fit the typical mold #UBU.
Senior Director of Tax Controllership
This is a newly created leadership position within our global tax team, and will be based in the US.
The Senior Tax Director will partner cross-functionally with a diverse mix of international business and finance colleagues to provide our Company with proactive and thoughtful insights relating to global tax controllership aspects of our SaaS-oriented cybersecurity platform business.
From a tax technical perspective, the Senior Tax Director will be our internal subject matter expert for the tax aspects of US GAAP reporting as well as US federal and state corporate income tax compliance. The Senior Tax Director will liaise with and manage tax outsource provider firms to evaluate, implement and then optimize our Company’s global approach to ASC 740 reporting, tax accounting and payment policies as well as related controls and processes.
Operating from a US location will enable the Senior Tax Director to effect real-time engagement directly with corporate business leaders as well as centralize ownership and coordination of the tax aspects of global US GAAP reporting (in coordination with finance peers) and managerial oversight for US tax outsource providers to yield timely, efficient, and compliant global ASC 740 reporting and US federal and state tax compliance processes for the company. The Senior Tax Director will also be empowered to drive tax process efficiencies and automations through use of “best in class” tax technology solutions.
Our global tax function is looking for tax professionals with foundational experiences and a demonstrated record of achievement in and across tax compliance, tax controllership and/or reporting as well as strategic and operational initiatives – who are interested to deploy their knowledge and expertise in a tremendously hands-on environment. We are partners to the business. We are committed to delivering business-actionable information and insights to enable well-informed decision-making by our leadership team. We are focused on proactively communicating tax complexity in a user-friendly manner for our non-tax colleagues. A successful candidate will operate with high integrity, in a thoughtful manner and with a solutions-oriented mindset.
Strategic thinker. Intellectually curious. Willing to ask questions and challenge past practice. Looking to identify and build toward best-in-class standards. Attention to detail. Goes above and beyond the literal job specifications and develops strategic options in anticipation of future developments. Ability to effectively communicate – orally and in writing – and engage with a diverse cross-border and cross-functionally audience. Commitment to developing and maintaining tax operating guidelines, reporting controls and contemporaneous documentation.
- 10-15 years of experience in tax, preferably with global tax firms and US-owned multinationals, with demonstrated expertise in US GAAP tax principles and reporting, SOX 404 controls and US federal and state corporate income tax compliance.
- Expertise in technical aspects of US federal corporate income tax compliance as well as US state and local income tax compliance, including US tax compliance after TCJA, controlled foreign corporations, net operating losses, cross-border intercompany flows, purchase accounting, foreign currency, nexus and apportionment methodologies.
- Knowledge of US sales tax, and familiarity with non-US direct and indirect taxes, as well as withholding taxes and tax aspects of business transactions & HR matters.
- Ability to leverage of technology, automation and process improvements to yield timely, efficient, and compliant global tax reporting and US federal and state tax compliance.
- Qualified tax professional and or accountancy qualification (preferred)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Catalyst for change and process improvement as well as ability to concurrently drive disparate workstreams productively forward to completion in a matrix organization