Senior Accountant at PathAI
PathAI's mission is to improve patient outcomes with AI-powered pathology. Our platform promises substantial improvements to the accuracy of diagnosis and the efficacy of treatment of diseases like cancer, leveraging modern approaches in machine learning. Rigorous science and careful analysis is critical to the success of everything we aspire to do. Our team, comprising of diverse employees with a wide range of backgrounds and experiences, is passionate about solving challenging problems and making a huge impact.
This role will be a key member of the PathAI Finance team and will work closely with the Assistant Controller to oversee the financial health of the Company and use data to help make informed business decisions.
Specifically, the Senior Accountant will:
- Play a critical role in the general ledger and monthly close process including reviewing both transactional level detail and summarizing monthly budget to actual variances to be presented to senior management
- Assist in the coordination and execution of the external financial statement audit including managing auditor requests and questions
- Contribute to implementation of formal internal control framework to support readiness in SOX-compliance
- Work cross-functionally with human resources to manage payroll
- Supervise the accounts payable function
- Work to help implement new technical accounting guidance such as ASC 842 Leases and educate senior management on the related accounting implications
- Proactively identify and implement process improvements in financial reporting, as well as opportunities for cost savings
- Provide accounting support for special projects and ad-hoc reporting and analysis as necessary.
The successful candidate will have the right mix of technical accounting knowledge and the desire to learn the operations of the business. We are looking for a highly motivated candidate that can help us achieve effective and efficient financial reporting and readiness.
*This role is based out of our Boston office - PathAI will help with relocation
Specific qualifications include:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- 3+ years of experience in an accounting role, 2-4 years in public accounting strongly desired
- In-depth knowledge of technical accounting guidance and experience in researching technical accounting issues
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to help make strategic decisions
- High degree of attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work with cross-functional teams
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, experience in Quickbooks and Netsuite is a plus
For the right candidate, we'll offer a competitive salary plus equity. Your compensation is rounded out by a strong benefits package:
- Flexible work hours, with work-from-home options available
- Three weeks of paid leave per year, an additional two weeks of sick time, plus extended holidays and team-approved leave
- Ten days of 100% subsidized childcare per year
- Healthcare, vision, and dental insurance plans (HMO or PPO), with voluntary add-ons available for dependent care, life, and accident coverage
- Commuter benefit available for public transit or parking
Most importantly, you'll be doing important work with a team of people you'll enjoy spending the day with.
PathAI is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to creating a workplace that is free of harassment and discrimination. We base our employment decisions on business needs, job requirements, and qualifications — that's all. We do not discriminate based on race, gender, religion, health, personal beliefs, age, family or parental status, or any other status. We don't tolerate any kind of discrimination or bias, and we are looking for teammates who feel the same way.
PathAI does not accept unsolicited submissions from third-parties.
With the rise of employment phishing scams, especially during the current COVID-19 situation, we ask candidates to be extra vigilant. Be careful about providing any kind of personal information, such as location, age, or financial information to recruiters who may be impersonating PathAI employees. PathAI does not require payment for interviews or for applicants to purchase their own work supplies for reimbursement.