Love dogs? This is the place for you!
Discover your dog more than fur deep with the most comprehensive DNA test on the market. Designed by world leaders in dog genetics, in partnership with Cornell University, the Embark DNA Test tells owners what breeds make up their pets, how to prevent future possible health problems, and what features and traits their pet might have. Help us end preventable disease in dogs and improve the lives of pets and their people through genomics.
Embark is the only dog DNA test using a research-grade DNA microarray, letting us give our customers the most accurate and comprehensive results on the market. More importantly, it allows us to do ongoing research into the genetics of dogs, which are a fantastic population for genetic discovery due to selective breeding over time. Our research focuses on mapping new traits and diseases, improving personalized veterinary medicine, and developing new breeding programs to eliminate preventable diseases in pets.
Interested in joining? We're looking for highly motivated and driven employees who will help us stay on the cutting edge of creativity and innovation in the fast-growing consumer genetics space.
We’re looking for an enthusiastic Senior Accountant who is a quick thinker with an excellent work ethic. The ideal candidate has a passion for helping people and dogs. He/She is creative, detail-oriented, organized, and self-motivated.
- Prepare monthly journal entries and perform reconciliations of general ledger accounts
- Assist in month-end closing activities, Revenue recognition, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and General Ledger accrued accounts
- Establish, maintain, and coordinate the implementation of accounting control procedures
- Help craft accounting policies and make improvements to existing processes
- Monitor and review accounting and related system reports for accuracy and completeness
- Support the input and handling of financial data and reports for the company’s financial systems
- Perform other duties related to the accounting role
- Assist team with operations projects
- Take chief role in shepherding the annual audit
- At least 5-7 years of accounting experience with experience scaling accounting ops (Accounts receivable, Accounts payable, close, etc.)
- Strong Microsoft experience with particular emphasis on Excel
- Experience with scaling AR and AP
- Strong knowledge of GAAP; CPA preferred
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Positive, self-motivated, and enthusiastic team player
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- QuickBooks and Net Suite experience a plus
What We Offer
● Dog-friendly office near South Station, Boston
● Perks tailored for dog lovers including subsidized dog-walking services and paw-ternity leave
● Startup perks with big-company benefits
● Competitive salaries, all-inclusive health care, and equity participation
● A flexible vacation policy along with paid maternal and paternal leave
● Fully-stocked office snack bar and regular office events
● New iMacs and MacBook Pros, or laptops running Linux
● Continuing education including attending conferences
Embark is an equal opportunity workplace and values diversity at our company. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, sexual orientation, age, disability status, marital status, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by federal, state or local laws. See also EEO is the Law.