Senior Accountant at DataRobot
DataRobot is a rapidly growing, VC-backed, SAAS Company based in Boston, MA. The Senior Accountant will primarily be responsible for the month end close process and the Company’s adherence to revenue standards under ASC606 including the assistance in the implementation and maintenance of policies, procedures, and controls associated with the relevant process. This person will also play an active role in the revenue cycle from invoicing to cash collection.
- Prepare month-end general ledger close activities including preparing journal entries and reconciliations.
- Work through various technical accounting issues, including preparing memorandums and analysis to conclude on the appropriate accounting for complex transactions. Document and implement policies and procedures to ensure that we account for the transactions correctly going forward.
- Assist in the consolidation process of the Companies entities throughout the world.
- Prepare reports and analysis to be included in the monthly reporting package to be provided to Company executives.
- Work closely with the contracts and sales teams on deal structure and pricing and ensure continued compliance with ASC606 revenue standards.
- Assist in the implementation of new accounting standards include ASC606 and ASC 842. Help to prepare documentation and analysis to support our conclusions and process documents.
- Continually assess our processes and procedures and implement changes to promote efficiency, with a primary focus on improved use of technology.
- Create risk and control matrices and related process and policy documents for respective processes. Implement new controls as needed to ensure risks are
- Work collaboratively with FP&A and others within the organization to constantly think about we track data and improve data tracking for decision making processes.
- Work closely with auditors and throughout the year ensure that the quality of our accounting records is of audit level so that there are minimal requests and extra documentation needed from the auditors.
- Assist in the preparation of required filings including, but not limited to, abandoned property, sales and use tax, personal property tax, etc.
- Assist in various special projects as the arise. Projects may involve the implementation of new systems, project accounting, creation of shared service centers, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance preferred, although not required.
- 2+ years in an accounting experience, public accounting preferred, although not required.
- Experience in working with ASC606 and software companies preferred, although not required.
- CPA is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of US GAAP and a desire to continue to develop knowledge.
- Very proactive, hardworking and strong desire to succeed.
- Be able to work in a fast paced, start-up environment.
- Strong organization and project management skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong critical thinking skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Great team player and willing to roll up sleeves to help others on the team.