Senior Accountant- Inventory
Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in-one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Senior Staff Accountant will report to the accounting manager and is responsible for all inventory accounting functions. This role will analyze data in order to make suggestions on process efficiencies and accounting best practices. This role will work closely with the hardware and business systems teams to ensure the ERP process is functioning correctly.
- Prepare inventory account reconciliations to the general ledger
- Ensure that new items are set up in ERP system properly with correct accounts, costs, etc.
- Analyze revenue and costs of goods sold related to inventory
- Analyze inventory and make recommendations for various purposes including obsolescence, inventory overhead capitalization analysis, reserve calculations, etc.
- Perform various month-end tasks including preparing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations and supporting schedules
- Comparison and reconciliation from warehouse to ERP system
- Assist in providing audit support for transactions
- Assist in procurement reviews and buying recommendations
- Drive change in the organization through participation in special projects and ad hoc analyses
- Effectively using accounting knowledge to collaborate with varying levels of employees and management to drive sound business decisions
- 3+ years experience, inventory experience highly desired
- NetSuite/Salesforce experience highly desired
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or finance
- Knowledge of general accounting principles
- Attention to detail and goal oriented
- High degree of accuracy, attention to detail, and confidentiality