Toast is a rapidly growing startup building the first all-in- one restaurant management software platform. Toast’s Android tablet based system helps restaurants operate more efficiently and connect with their customer base in new and innovative ways. We’re growing fast and have a customer base comprised of cafes, restaurants, bars and nightclubs across the country. We work hard and care about our customers’ success and we have a lot of fun doing it. As a startup, we move fast and have a lot of opportunity for career growth, so if you’re passionate about your work and want to be in a fun and growing industry, join us! You will be helping Toast to grow our business across the US and internationally.
The Payroll Manager will report to the Controller and own all aspects of the payroll process. The Payroll Manager will oversee and manage operations necessary to ensure payroll data integrity and operational efficiency, as well as be responsible for developing and implementing appropriate payroll policies and procedures ensuring that all such policies comply with company policies and with local, state and federal regulations.
- Maintain data integrity of payroll applications on a daily basis
- Maintain a process to ensure the integrity and accuracy of payroll data by conducting reconciliations and detailed audits to ensure accurate processing
- Research and propose system enhancements and payroll process improvements
- Work cross-functionally with business partners – HR, Benefits, Compensation, and Accounting
- Assist with entry of payroll transactions (i.e.; timesheets, vacation requests, direct deposits, tax changes etc.) into the payroll system as necessary
- Assist with the expatriate payroll and related problem solving issues as they arise
- Responsible for ad hoc payroll reporting including proficiency in creating reports.
- Work with payroll provider tax services to register for both state and local taxes
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or equivalent work experience
- Minimum 5 years Payroll experience with at least 2 years as a Payroll Manager
- Thorough knowledge of US payroll tax laws for a multi-state employer
- Experience with ADP Payroll Software
- Experience in multi-state reporting required
- International payroll experience desirable
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience and skilled at working in a collaborative and fast moving environment