Cybereason is seeking a self-motivated, hardworking Payroll professional to join our growing Finance team. Do you want to be a part of this incredible learning experience? Do you also want to work in fast-paced start-up environment? If so, we want to talk to you!
The Payroll Manager is a strategic and tactical leader that has responsibility for oversight and management of the payroll cycle. This role manages and coordinates the payroll function for over 200 employees domestically and internationally. The role is responsible for the management of payroll administration, ensuring all processes are executed timely and in accordance with all applicable State and Local laws and IRS regulations. This individual also leads the U.S. Payroll Platform Implementation Project.
As the Payroll Manager you will be responsible for but not limited to all aspects of Payroll administration for U.S., which includes processing, compliance, sox audits, data integrity, tax filings, vendor relationship, customer service, training, and project management.
- Administer and process all payroll related activities for over 150 U.S. based employees in over 15 states locations
- Manage payroll system integration in Spring of 2018 from Namely to Ultimate (UltiPro)
- Ensure that all payroll deductions are withheld and remitted to the appropriate party on a timely basis, including but not limited to any related 401k, HSA, FSA, garnishment and wage withholding remittances
- Ensure payroll and tax compliance with all corporate policies, Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), Department of Labor (DOL) and Internal Revenue Service laws, requirements and guidelines
- Responsible for any tax gross-up of employees including but not limited to relocation and internal rewards programs
- Responsible for all year-end payroll and tax processing and reporting
- Support and provide guidance to management and employees on diverse payroll issues using knowledge obtained through self-research skills and working with our external points of contact on employee and benefit matters
- Prepare payroll information to provide to international payroll administrators for subsidiaries outside of the U.S.
- Prepare payroll and tax information and reporting as requested by senior management and governing agencies
- Function as the key contact for all payroll issues and provide expert guidance to the organization
- Partner with key stakeholder groups such as People Operations, Finance, I.T. and Legal
- Drive ongoing process improvement and increased efficiency within the payroll and time reporting areas
- Attend New Hire Orientation sessions and present information related to payroll, 401k and other employee matters
- Provide assistance with the administration of the Company’s 401k Plan and international Pension plans
- Assist with the annual 401k Audit; providing information and reports to our external auditors
- Prepare all payroll and tax related journal entries as part of the month-end close process
- Prepare month-end reconciliations related to payroll, bank, outstanding check and benefit activities
- Perform quarterly reconciliation between payroll system data and the payroll related general ledger accounts
- Provide assistance with any/all financial statement audits
- Perform other duties and special projects as requested by management
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated organizational skills, flexibility and ability to work independently
- Champion continuous improvement efforts including business process optimization
- Ability to communicate with management and employees at all levels of the organization
- Maintain confidentiality and safeguard sensitive data at all times
- High level of interpersonal, communicational, organizational and problem-solving skills are necessary with special focus on priority setting, customer service orientation skills and attention to detail.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance or equivalent relevant experience
- Minimum 8-10 years of payroll experience, including a minimum of 5 years’ experience in multi-state Payroll processing with a minimum of 2+ years of payroll and project management skill.
- Extensive experience with Payroll systems, Ultimate (UltiPro) and/or Namely a plus
- Experience with employee relocation and tax gross-ups
- Advanced skills with Microsoft applications including Outlook, Excel, Word, and Power Point as well as internet and web-based systems and applications.
Desired Education/Experience :
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is highly desirable
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, with a positive attitude, and can work independently while participating in ongoing projects within a fast paced, collaborative, start-up environment.