Head of Investor Relations at EverQuote
The Head of Investor Relations will evolve and execute EverQuote’s strategy for investor communication. This individual will work with senior management to refine and implement overall investor relations strategy, including the creation and modification of our financial communications, external and internal messaging, and outreach events (e.g. conferences, non-deal roadshows, investor days, etc.) They will build relations with the buy-side and sell-side analyst community and be the primary outward representative to capital markets and investors. They will provide information and insight to management based on investor feedback, capital market insight, and competitive peer positioning as well as prepare related presentation materials and reports for EverQuote’s senior management and Board of Directors. They will contribute to future operational success by providing a capital markets perspective to assess investors’ potential reaction to changes in our corporate strategy and long-term financial model.
What you're great at:
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with strong equity capital markets, financial analysis, accounting and analytical skills with demonstrable experience in interacting with the buy-side investment community
- Passionate about conceptualizing and implementing a strategic investor relations function that clearly articulates EverQuote’s priorities, goals, strategic plans, roadmap, investment, capital allocation, and financial performance
- Outstanding communicator confident in your writing, oral and presentation abilities, but also possesses genuine active listening skills. You can introduce new concepts with tact and diplomacy and lead productive and influential conversations.
- High-degree of comfort in developing a rapport with existing and potential investors in our company as well as sell-side analysts
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills including proficiency in financial statement analysis, financial modeling, SEC filings and valuation
- Constantly gathering intelligence and information in the marketplace to advise and educate senior leadership regarding the near-term and long-term dynamics of the investment and trading marketplaces and provide insight on the potential impact of these market forces on the business success
- Developing compelling presentations and supporting analyses for both the investment community and internally for our senior management and Board
- Building strong and collaborative internal working relationships with FP&A, accounting and legal team to produce quarterly earnings releases and SEC filings
- Highly proficient in using necessary software tools, particularly Excel and PowerPoint as well as leveraging third-party data sources including NASDAQ I/R Insights S&P/Cap IQ, Pitchbook and Similar Web.
- A minimum of 8+ years of experience working in equity capital markets and/or with the investment community, either as a sell-side research analyst, an equity capital markets investment banking professional or in-house investor relations role at a public technology company.
- Possess extensive domain knowledge of technology/ consumer Internet business models; specific experience in working with companies that are Internet marketplaces or fintech/insurtech players is highly desirable but not required.
- 2+ years of experience in a dynamic, high-growth environment where you had to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work collaboratively with both senior and junior colleagues.
- Prior experience working in a highly data-driven culture where you had to leverage and analyze disparate data sources to make decisions and develop persuasive arguments for both internal and external audiences
- Demonstrated strong work ethic, with an effective combination of business acumen, sound decision-making, and a bias for action; ability to act in a decisive, urgent and committed way to achieve results; remain focused on deliverables and leverage resources to reach goals
- Four-year college degree with concentration in finance, accounting or economics; MBA preferred
- Ability to travel as circumstances demand
We get it. Requirements can sometimes hold people back from applying to a job, but don’t let that be the case here. If you believe you have the skills it takes to elevate this role, team, and company, we encourage you to apply for this role.
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) operates the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. We make insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and providers time and money. Our goal is to reshape the way consumers shop and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is committed to building an equitable, diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.