Head of Global Tax at Cybereason
Head of Global Tax
Cybereason gives organizations the upper hand by taking an entirely new approach to cybersecurity with AI Hunting, the first AI-powered technology that answers the question “Am I under attack?” proactively, without manual effort.
We are a company that wins as one. We are daring, always evolving, and never give up. Most importantly we accept our employee for who they are and embrace people that may not fit the typical mold #UBU.
Cybereason, a global, pre-IPO tech company is seeking what will be the first internal tax leader responsible for designing and building out their global tax operation with a strong expertise and reliance on hiring and managing accounting and law firm vendors. The Head of Tax will have ownership over all aspects of Cybereason’s global tax provision, tax compliance, planning and strategy with significant exposure to both the U.S. business and international operations currently spanning many global jurisdictions. The Head of Tax will play a critical role on the IPO readiness team, partnering with senior leadership in ensuring compliance with tax regulations and requirements. The ideal candidate will have a strong corporate tax foundation combined with extensive global exposure and diverse experience spanning compliance, provision, conflicts and tax planning.
- Manage the global tax calendar and oversee the timely submission of all tax related filings, including the execution of all tax returns and filings
- Oversee the US GAAP consolidated income tax provision for the US parent and foreign operations and ensure that Cybereason and its subsidiaries’ tax provisions and balance sheet tax accounts are properly stated. Participate in hiring external accounting firms and supervise tax-related services of external accounting firms.
- Supervise the tax accounting provision process and reporting for the company’s global operations under ASC 740, including BB2 reporting of uncertain tax positions.
- Oversee preparation and filing of all State and local tax compliance obligations
- Oversee preparation of VAT, GST and other foreign taxes.
- Manage the company’s transfer pricing policy and maintain required transfer pricing documentation.
- Rethink the firm’s legal structure to match our business needs; oversee related corporate governance requirements
- Monitor and provide analysis of legislative and regulatory developments affecting taxes. Evaluate potential impact of tax legislation on the company and recommend the proper course of action.
- Help identify, evaluate, and advise management on the income tax consequences of current and proposed strategic transactions.
- Manage all tax audits, as needed.
- Detailed knowledge of US corporate tax law and accounting principles.
- 8+ years of tax experience, preferably with experience in-house with a multinational technology, licensing or services firm. Or equivalent experience in a n accounting firm
- JD or CPA designation
- Experience managing multiple external vendors
More about our team
We want diverse skill sets and wicked smart people, so we can learn from each other and solve interesting/difficult problems. We don't just click the same buttons over and over. We work both independently and collaboratively with the common goal of achieving excellence and never being satisfied with mediocrity.
More about the perks
Our offices are open, highly collaborative and yes, fun! To support you at work (and play) we offer some killer perks: ample time off to relax and recharge, plenty of food and drinks (including beer and soda), work from home options, generous employer-paid insurance coverage for you and your family, 401k and more.