Global Corporate Controller at Onapsis
As a proven market leader, Onapsis protects the most critical applications that run your business. Only Onapsis delivers the actionable intelligence, automated governance, continuous monitoring and secure change capabilities required by cross-functional teams to optimize workflows and automate manual tasks so they can embrace and accelerate SAP and Oracle E-Business Suite (EBS) modernization, cloud, IoT and mobility initiatives while keeping the most vital systems and data protected and compliant.
Headquartered in Boston, MA, and with global operations, Onapsis proudly serves more than 300 of the world’s leading brands and organizations, including many of the Global 2000. Through our unique strategic alliances with leading consulting and audit firms such as Accenture, Deloitte, IBM, Infosys, PwC and Verizon, Onapsis solutions have become the de-facto standard in helping organizations protect what really matters.
We are looking for a Global Corporate Controller who is a proven professional that will be responsible for the core operational aspects of accounting. This includes developing talent, balancing capabilities, costs and service levels and working effectively cross-functionally in a rapidly changing and growing environment.
The Global Corporate Controller will collaborate cross functionally with the broader organization and is one of the leaders of the Company’s accounting team which includes responsibility for the record to report cycle, close, regulatory compliance, financial reporting and analysis, and special initiative management. This position will identify & develop leading practices guidance, will drive consistency and efficiencies across the team. Success in this role is dependent on leadership, organization/people development, process improvement, strategic execution, ability to deal with a rapidly changing business environment and communication.
Day to Day:
- Lead, develop and improve the global close processes for a fast-paced, rapidly growing SaaS company
- Establish and maintain accounting policies, leading practices and procedures to ensure US GAAP compliance
- Manage the general ledger, technical accounting & policy, consolidations, reporting and other teams
- Oversee monthly/quarterly/annual close efforts
- Ensure overall corporate controllership policies are aligned globally
- Oversee all accounting integration & valuation for mergers & acquisitions
- Improving internal controls to ensure SOX compliance with all processes within the controllership organization
- Work closely with financial planning & analysis team on reporting efforts and monthly accruals related to budgeting and forecasting
- Oversee audit process by external independent auditors
Required Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis in accounting or finance
- CPA required
- At least 10 - 15 years of experience in the accounting area
- 4+ years public accounting
- Previous experience as a public company Corporate Controller or (Assistant Controller of large public corporation)
- Knowledge of and experience with ASC 606 compliance, specifically revenue recognition accrual accounting
- Experience related to tax
- Comprehensive understanding of financial accounting and reporting under US GAAP and SEC requirements.
- Deep technical knowledge.
- Comprehensive understanding and prior experience with design and implementation of accounting policies and procedures.
- Previous experience in a public company SOX environment.
- Merger & acquisition and integration accounting experience.
- Proven success in developing and leading a team of people using a collaborative management style in a public company environment
- Excellent planning, analysis and execution skills.
- Adept at prioritization, responsiveness and understanding a sense of urgency. Ability to balance multiple projects.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact & engage with all levels of the organization.
- Experience in fast-paced, rapidly growing environment preferred. Must have ability to roll up his/her sleeves and still enjoy the work.
- SaaS company background a plus.
What You’ll get:
- Highly Competitive Compensation and Benefits
- Flexible Work Options
- A fast paced, and rapidly growing start up work environment
Location: Boston, MA - not remote