FP&A Manager (COGS/R&D) at VMware Carbon Black
We are looking for a Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis to serve as the primary business partner to our R&D, Product Management and Cloud Operations organizations. In this highly visible role, you will be responsible for a broad range of financial activities and analyses and will work cross-functionally to inform, influence and build alignment to improve the business. The ideal candidate has directly managed COGS expenses and Gross Margins at a SaaS business.
What You’ll Do
- Lead budgeting, forecasting and long-range planning for R&D, Product Management and Cloud Operations teams
- Define and implement monthly and quarterly management reporting – analyzing financial results, synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and communicating key messages to senior management
- Develop a deep understanding of cloud costs and the cost structures behind our products. Create models that highlight how architectural changes and cost management will financially impact the business
- Provide timely analysis and data-driven decision making to effectively manage to gross margin and OPEX targets while driving organizational accountability
- Collaborate on product pricing analysis and decisions to support gross margin target achievement and individual product profitability goals
- Work with data source providers and technology teams to ensure that key decision data is accurate, automated and timely
What You’ll Bring
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Economics or similar field. MBA a plus
- 8-10 years of progressive experience in finance-related roles including business partnering
- Experience working in an enterprise software, SaaS, or other hi-tech company
- Previous experiences managing COGS expenses required. Cloud infrastructure experience preferred
- Core competencies in financial planning, financial modeling and analytics. Able to clearly link financial results to operational and market drivers – tell the story behind the numbers
- Comfortable working with senior management. Builds constructive, effective relationships and able to influence across all levels of the organization
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint capabilities
- Experience with Hyperion or similar enterprise planning and reporting tools
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware.
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.