This is a terrific opportunity for a self-motivated individual to join our team. At Forward Financing, our mission is to be the leading provider of financing solutions to under-served small businesses. As one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts we are at the forefront of growth in the FinTech space. We are 100% dedicated to this vertical and to achieving our mission.
As an Analyst on the FP&A team, you will play an important role in building out and managing the Company’s Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) processes and will provide valuable insight that will be used to assess the performance of Forward Financing. You will report to the Director of FP&A and collaborate frequently with internal stakeholders.
In this role you will:
- Deliver weekly/monthly/quarterly analysis and reporting of financial results, including variances to forecast and budget; ensure key issues, risks, and business drivers are clearly identified and understood
- Perform financial benchmarking, evaluate key performance indicators (KPIs), and identify new KPIs to evaluate business fundamentals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to provide value-added financial analysis and support of business reviews and decisions from the financial perspective, including but not limited to, operational efficiency, cost-saving opportunities, vendor selection and negotiation, contract management, etc.
- Help develop and maintain complex financial models to support various initiatives
- Provide insights on key business drivers through deep-dive analysis
- Drive simplification, automation, and standardization of financial reporting
- Passionate: High energy. “Can-do-attitude”. Enthusiastic. Optimistic, open, and objective toward others.
- Coachable: Open to feedback and continual professional improvement. Flexible and adaptable.
- High Standards: Quality orientation. Follow through on commitments. A Doer who gets things done.
- Efficient: Producing significant output with minimal wasted effort, organized planning and prioritization.
- Proactive: Self-starter, continually seeks additional responsibilities. willingness to go the distance to get something done, including working long hours at times if needed.
- Collaborative: Strong “people orientation”. Can disagree without being abrasive or intimidating. Team player.
- Emotional Intelligence: High degree of self-awareness. Handles interpersonal relationships judiciously and empathetically. Exercises good judgement while under pressure.
- Communicator: Speaks and writes clearly and articulately without being overly verbose or talkative and possesses an openness to people and a willingness to hear what others are saying.
- Analytical: Quick study. Excellent quantitative and financial analysis skills, comfortable navigating a data-driven business environment to assist in delivering business insights. Able to leverage prior experience to structure and process qualitative or quantitative data and draw insightful conclusions from it. Analyze and challenge details, data, and facts prior to making decisions and that important decision-making data is maintained accurately for repeated examination as required. Exhibits a probing mind and achieves penetrating insights.
- Resourceful: Ability to think creatively to source information and get things done.
- BS/BA in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields of study
- Minimum of 1 year of related experience, ideally within FP&A, Commercial Banking, Investment Banking, or an analytical environment
- Will consider strong candidates that are recent graduates of a competitive undergraduate program with relevant internship experience
- Proven ability to think analytically, while also possessing exemplary financial skills and excellent communication
Forward Financing is a Boston-based financial technology company that provides fast, flexible, and reliable working capital to small and medium-size businesses nationwide. By combining proprietary technology with a team of small business financing experts, Forward Financing delivers same day funding with the speed and simplicity business owners need to succeed and grow. With a simple online application, businesses can trust Forward Financing for approvals within minutes, funding within hours, and personalized support and service when they need it most.
Since 2012, Forward Financing has provided over $500m in funding to more than 10,000 small businesses. Consistently recognized as an industry leader, the company is A+ rated by the Better Business Bureau and receives top ratings across all major customer review platforms. In 2017 and 2018, Forward Financing was named by Inc. Magazine and the Boston Business Journal as one of the fastest growing companies in Massachusetts. Learn more at www.forwardfinancing.com
At Forward Financing, we believe that if our company succeeds, all of our employees succeed too. We offer a competitive compensation package for highly qualified candidates that are extremely motivated, have a positive attitude, and are able to ramp up quickly. We offer a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits along with gym reimbursement, 401K, paid volunteering days and a matching gift program. We work in an open environment with a start-up vibe, conveniently located just steps away from South Station. You will have the opportunity to work with people that enjoy a fun, social office culture.
CCPA Privacy Notice for California Job Applicants
Read Full Job Description